Lookie at what my better 1/2 brought home for me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ouch!

Is there a background check and/or waiting period before you can take possession of those? :)

I love the Flavor Chiles can bring to a party but once you get over 500,000 Scoville, I got to ask...WHY??? I guy, I worked with, was trying to Impress a girl by eating a Whole Ghost Pepper. While He was Puking and Moaning, I left with the Girl!!!...JJ

Reactions: pc farmer
As you eat more hot pepper, you do build a tolerance for it.

Years ago, where I worked, a group of us went to a particular restaurant for lunch several times per week. A guy who worked at a bar across the street from that restaurant came over every day and made a big batch of the best green chili I've ever had. We would always get a cup of green chili to go with every meal we ate there, and that stuff was HOT!

My mouth, innards, and "exit" became used to it, and it didn't bother me in the least. But we took one of the boss men with us one day and encouraged him to try the green chili. He took one bite, and claimed to be in pain the rest of the day and the next morning, as well.

Since I've not been exposed to that stuff, I've lost my tolerance for really hot chilies, and am a "lightweight" again. But I do love the flavors and aromas good chilies can bring to a dish.

I'm pretty sure I would not be able to handle Carolina Reapers!

I grew ghosts for my first time last year and I hope to grow them again. Never tried a Reaper. Habaneros are my usual favorites.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky