Look What The Wife Found For Me !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just in case you need a replacement part for your new family member,  here's a pretty good source:

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/smokers/

Also some day when you are absolutely bored, you might think about replacing the low wattage element with a bigger one which has a controller.  Both of my big chiefs were converted over.

Thanks Craig, I bookmarked that site ! I really appreciate it !

I do think when I get a chance I'll replace that element as well ! Thumbs Up

She got an eye for good smokers. This is an old one like the one i started on back in 1970, still have it works great, original rack system and wood pan, gave it to my son.

Thanks Rick, may be a bit older than I originally thought !

We've got two Little Chief top loaders and they are the real deal for fish and cheese.  One trick if you want really cold smoke is to place a couple of wood slats across the top of the smoker and put the rack frame on them.  Then cover it with a box, the closer fitting the better.  You'll get thin cold smoke with good air circulation and no heat-perfect for cheese.

Nice score and you're a lucky man.

They are still being made and I just checked Wally World's website,  They'll sell you one for $115 with free shipping (USD).  Someone else may have them for less, too.  Mine were used when I bought them about 25 years ago and are still going strong.

Lance

Thanks for the info Lance !

Thanks again everyone, this last week was a bit busy & wasn't on the forum ! We did do some salmon nuggets last weekend to get it back in action... I'll post a thread !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky