Long Time Lurker Here...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Florida Chris

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
Ya, been reading for a couple years. Everyone suggests posting an intro here so...

Feels kind of like speed dating or something.

"Hi! Name is Chris. I'm a Leo. Originally from MA but been living in FL for 23 years now. I like long smokes and short rests. I prefer to wrap my large sub-primals like brisket but go naked with the smaller cuts like ribs and such. Want to get more into curing and planning on sausage making soon. Currently working on my 4th batch of Canadian Bacon, done 1 batch of traditional belly bacon. All have been good so far but you never hit that peak, do you? It's always a quest for better!!

Smoking is done on a Camp Chef pellet right now. I'm lazy, it's easy. Don't judge! Looking to upgrade soon."

This place is pretty freaking awesome. I enjoy soaking in the experience and knowledge every night. I hope I can contribute half as much as some of you guys (and gals) give!

Welcome from NW Minnesota. Give me 2 months and I'm a fellow Floridian.

Where at in FL? Wife and I have a place in south Clermont (Orlando area). It is also know as 4 corners.
There is a Florida Gathering coming up the first weekend of December at Highland Hammock State Park outside of Sebring if that is handy for you.

Leo's ROCK - especially if their birthstone is a ruby!

I'm a nikkid rib guy too, but I'm into long smokes AND long rests lol.

Welcome from the land of SC. It's where butts are cheap but tri-tip and sirloin caps (what the youngsters call 'picanha') are more precious than gold.....

Welcome from Iowa! Glad you joined us. Lot's of great people here.

Ryan

Howdy Chris, welcome to the community from New Mexico.
Nothing wrong with pellet smokers. Many here use them.
That's all I've used and have a new one on order.

Glad you could join us.

Ya, been reading for a couple years. Everyone suggests posting an intro here so...

Feels kind of like speed dating or something.

"Hi! Name is Chris. I'm a Leo. Originally from MA but been living in FL for 23 years now. I like long smokes and short rests. I prefer to wrap my large sub-primals like brisket but go naked with the smaller cuts like ribs and such. Want to get more into curing and planning on sausage making soon. Currently working on my 4th batch of Canadian Bacon, done 1 batch of traditional belly bacon. All have been good so far but you never hit that peak, do you? It's always a quest for better!!

Smoking is done on a Camp Chef pellet right now. I'm lazy, it's easy. Don't judge! Looking to upgrade soon."

This place is pretty freaking awesome. I enjoy soaking in the experience and knowledge every night. I hope I can contribute half as much as some of you guys (and gals) give!
welcome from S Florida!

Welcome from Colorado. Great introduction! Nothing wrong with a pellet pooper. I hear they put out decent food. The folks here will always encourage having options (a bunch of enablers) and if you have the time, stick burners put out an amazing flavor.

Welcome from Michigan. I grew up in Florida. About 10 minutes from tarpon springs, 30mins north of clearwater beach.

Welcome from Mississippi. Look forward to your post and pics.
But how do feel about pina coladas and getting caught in the rain?

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Welcome from the BBQ capital of the world VT.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky