Limited Time Sale on Pork Butts at Kroger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
My ad this Wed. adverrtised "Pork Shoulder Butts, whole in COV, 79¢ / lb., limit 2, Kroger Card and $10 minimum purchase, Thursday 2/28 - Sunday 3/03 ".  Normally it is 2 packs in COV, total 4 butts.  Great deal and lowest price I've seen in a lonnnng time!

Thanks Pops! Will have to look Sunday. Our ads dont change until then. The one here had St. Louis style ribs for $2.99 this week.

Kat

Yup was there this morning. $2.49 lb for butts. Dont know when our ads come out.

They are probably getting cheap everywhere. I bought a bunch at $1.19 a lb at my local grocery store. That's the cheapest I have seen in 5 years I think, the last time they were .99. If I found them for .79, I'd fill every empty inch of my freezer and enjoy making sausage every weekend for months.

Yup was there this morning. $2.49 lb for butts. Dont know when our ads come out.
Our ads come out:

Kroger.....Sunday

Food Lion......Wednesday

Publix........Thursday

Pig.......Wednesday

Kens IGA.....Monday

No 3 day sale at our Krogers this week, but Kens has some pretty good deals on beef this week.

I looked online at Krogers and the ones here still have stuff for this week...ending on Saturday.  The cheapest I have seen them was at a local run store...for $1.29 this week.  I got 3 of them....couldn't fit any more in the freezer.  Dang it!

Kat

Just looked at the ad. Our Kroger-owned store only has "pork roast shoulder" for $1.79 lb.

I just picked up a couple frozen butts yesterday at Cash & Carry for $1.19 lb., along with 3 racks of BB ribs $2.47 lb, and a whole packer brisket of corned beef at $2.49 lb.

Last edited:
I picked up two 9 lb butts at Hyvee for $.99/lb.  One is going in the smoker tonight and the other is going in the freezer
biggrin.gif

This morning looked in the Ad in the Sunday paper....nuttin!  NUTTIN!  No sales here at our local Krogers for those.

Dang!

Kat

Went and picked up a belly yesterday for bacon. Don't know the PPlb but it was $41.00 and change for a 15 lb belly (skin on). His case price on butts was $2.78 lb. Not much of a deal there. Thats about the same price as the (each) price at the grocery. 

Seen the Sunday flyer for Winn Dixie... $1.19lb .... 3 days only ..... $1.99 is the lowest I've ever seen it here

Last edited:
I bought a case from Sam's the other day to make a few different sausages and want to try brining one for ham. I have been reading about lean butts others have been getting but this is what I had.

I did find one that will go in the brine after some trimming. These babies were built for sausage. I made some Italian, bolonga. and kabonosy so far and the extra fat has been making everything delicious.

I went by the local Kroger (Mckinney, Tx) and bought 2 cry-vac packs (4 pork shoulders @ .79) put all 4 in my brine mixture to brine at least 48 hours, will rinse

and smoke 2 of them tonight and wrap and freeze the other 2 to smoke at a later date. Can You Say, "Pulled Pork"?

I use a Smok Hollow propane smoker with the AMNS pellet smoke tube and go for approx 10hrs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky