Like I need another reason to fire up the smoker (with Q-view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gt2003

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Here we go again. I found about an 8 pound packer brisket at the store the other day. I really like the smaller briskets because there isn't the huge amount of fat running through the middle of them. I just wish I could find them more often. Anyway, I picked up a rack of baby backs at the same time and I've still got a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage in the fridge so maybe a fatty is on the way too.

The brisket is already on, right at 7am. I plan on it taking around 12 hours but will use temp as my guide. Baby backs will go on with about 5 hours to go. Fatty will go on with about 3 hours to go.

I'm doing my 1st beer can chicken on the grill also. I've never done one before but already have it rubbed down with lemon pepper. I expect it will take a couple of hours so it'll go on at the appropriate time also.

Here's a picture of the brisket just to get things started.
7e51d821_vbattach18280.jpg

You must be really hungry!

Hope the time table works out, lets see the results when its done!

The array of meats you're smoking today sounds like a tasty feast is in the works! The pic of the brisket looks good, looking forward to some more of the rest of the fixin's.

Good luck on the beer can chix! I'm also going to try my first set today, although with a slight twist ...
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
and some mods.

May tbs be with you on this fine Sunday!

have good day. sounds like ya have a plan..and a good one. are ya feedin a crowd..lol. when I fire up the grill R smoker all my grates are full.

I've got the wife, 3 boys (11,18 and 22), brother in law and no telling who else might stop by. So, I figured I better go ahead and cook enough just to make sure. If there is some left over we'll have leftovers tomorrow.

Ok, I'm about 7 hours in. The brisket is up to 154 degrees right now. The ribs have been on for about an hour. The breafast fatty is in the fridge and waiting (bacon, onion, potatoes/hashbrowns, eggs and shredded cheddar). The beer can chicken is done and almost all gone. Here are a few pics to update. The TBS continues to roll nicely.
76822b51_vbattach18286.jpg

2df8298c_vbattach18285.jpg

db9c74b8_vbattach18284.jpg

91861385_vbattach18283.jpg

9270c1a4_vbattach18282.jpg

Here are the final pics of the brisket, baby backs and fatty. It all turned out really well. Of course it did, I learned from the best. Thanks, Greg
93723b68_vbattach18310.jpg

0e2b0123_vbattach18309.jpg

79459bf1_vbattach18308.jpg

8876ccc1_vbattach18307.jpg

d2f47397_vbattach18306.jpg

Talk about a feast.

Thats stuff looks great. I really like the way that brisket looks. very nice job!

gt, thats a great lookin feast ya got there! The fatty is one of the best I've seen. Throwin some points at ya!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks everyone. I got up this morning wanting some ribs. No luck, the middle child ate all that were left after I went to bed. I settled for the last couple of pieces of fatty. I think the brisket is going in for a reheat in a bit.

Hope everyones smokes go well today. Good luck and best wishes, Greg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky