Lawn mower repair, i know this is a smoked meats forum🤔

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
I've been trying to get help on other sites but they haven't been able to help, I know there is lots of smart people here with all different backgrounds so my problem is with a craftsman mower model 247.288853 , Lt2000. I was mowing the other day when all of a sudden the auto drive pedal became really hard to depress. Checked for any depri stuck underneath didnt see nothing, thinking maybe belts so I changed the two belts but still can't depress drive pedal. Engine runs fine just can't depress pedal to make it go feels like if you pressed the brake pedal and go pedal at the same time. Any ideas? Seems weird asking this question here but what the heck nothing to lose. Thanks Jim

Reactions: JLeonard
Don't know if you can see where the pedal pivots, but maybe a bolt came loose and got wedged.
I found a manual online and it shows the parts breakdown.
Don't know if that will help you.
This is the page the pedal is on --> Mower Manual

Jim I'd start at the beginning . Get the pedal free of everything it activates and see if it pivots . Then go through the drive line from the pedal back and check for the same .
If it suddenly stop or froze I'm betting you have something wedged .
Was the grass long and wet ? That can cause issues like this .

Just checked dont see any missing or loose bolts the only thing that pops out at me is in the second pick the drive belt is hitting the idler bracket (not sure if that's right terminology) when I try and press on the peddle.
20230816_075659.jpg
20230816_092922.jpg

Jim I'd start at the beginning . Get the pedal free of everything it activates and see if it pivots . Then go through the drive line from the pedal back and check for the same .
If it suddenly stop or froze I'm betting you have something wedged .
Was the grass long and wet ? That can cause issues like this .
Was a little wet but not that long

What's with the wire wrapped around the rod with the spring on it if first pic?

So, you said that belt rubs when you press the pedal ? That would mean it has some movement.
You should be able to have someone move the pedal up and down while you watch what moves and where it stops.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
First pick is just the deck cable I tied it up so I can move mower without running it over. Yep pedal moves very little that's when I can see belt hitting bracket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky