Late 7.3.08-7.4.08 Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phreak

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 9, 2008
St Pete FL
So I rubbed a 8.5lb butt with Jeffs rub sometime on 7.2.08 and then threw it in the smoker about 4pm 7.3.08.

Put a batch of Dutch's famous beans on around 10pm.

Then I took the butt to about 167 by around 2am 7.4.08 then wrapped it in foil and threw back in the smoker. Sometime around 6-7am it got up to 198 and was ready to be wrapped in a towel and tossed in the cooler for a few hours.

Pulled it and put it in the frig.

Then put on a couple fatties and 1/2 head of cabbage for the family that came over at 3pm and loved everything.

I had 1/2 a head of cabbage left from making slaw. So I covered it in water for about 12 hours(don't think this really made a difference). Then took it out of the water and doused it with olive oil, some salt and pepper, made the foil "bowl" you see it in and placed it under the fatties that were in the smoker at between 200-250 for probably about 4 hours. It turned out pretty good.

Looks great!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Excellent Work!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I feel too healthy up here in Minnesota! All I have been eating is local grown organic produce. I almost feel like a vegetarian
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
! Going to need some good Q to get back to normal. This healthy stuff is scary. I was playing on a jungle gy today with my 3 year old nephew. I need a nap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky