Lang cooker a month early

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dcecil

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Clovis Ca
My wife doesn’t share my enthusiasm about my cooker being a month early but I’m sure there’s a couple fellas on this forum that just might. Plus, she’s tired of hearing me talk about it so here we go. Just got off the phone with Lang after just ordering mine two days ago. Just so happens they had a cancellation that was coming to California. One minor modification difference but I can do that myself. I feel like a kid on Christmas. I’m new to the sight and I am soakin up the info. Cannot wait get smokes under my belt. I’m sure I’ll have a ton of questions in the near future but for now I’m gonna sit here on my cloud and think about who I can bless with my old smoker as gift. I can’t just retire it. Doesn’t seem right

My wife doesn’t share my enthusiasm about my cooker being a month early but I’m sure there’s a couple fellas on this forum that just might. Plus, she’s tired of hearing me talk about it so here we go. Just got off the phone with Lang after just ordering mine two days ago. Just so happens they had a cancellation that was coming to California. One minor modification difference but I can do that myself. I feel like a kid on Christmas. I’m new to the sight and I am soakin up the info. Cannot wait get smokes under my belt. I’m sure I’ll have a ton of questions in the near future but for now I’m gonna sit here on my cloud and think about who I can bless with my old smoker as gift. I can’t just retire it. Doesn’t seem right
Congrats dcecil,I can appreciate your anticipation about your future smokes,best to you.

Reactions: dcecil
nice...among other things, one of the things i like about the langs is they don't put wagon wheels on their smokers. i'm not sure how that became a thing.

A9E70E6B-489D-4A22-A98D-1170FCFD9520.jpeg
Congratulations! That Smell.... That new smoker smell....
It smells like, Victory! B

I got my Lang a week early and when they called i shut my office door at work and did a happy dance. that high of Christmas morning will be there even more when that truck rolls into your driveway with your baby! So what size Lang did you get? I have had mine 2 years and used to smoking with her pretty good. If there is any questions i can answer post them or PM me and i will get back with you in less than a day.

If i can offer advice...get your wood sourced and get a few accessories...fire extinguisher, heat gloves a good stove shovel/fire poker or fire place set. some way of lighting your smoker a pencil torch or weed burner or get some wax cubes. its also handy to have some metal tongs for food and a wire brush and good garden hose for cleaning your smoker.

Here is a pic i took yesterday of my lang 36 patio (Black Betty). She is my mistress and i love her!
bb4.jpg

Congrats on the new smoker!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I got my Lang a week early and when they called i shut my office door at work and did a happy dance. that high of Christmas morning will be there even more when that truck rolls into your driveway with your baby! So what size Lang did you get? I have had mine 2 years and used to smoking with her pretty good. If there is any questions i can answer post them or PM me and i will get back with you in less than a day.

If i can offer advice...get your wood sourced and get a few accessories...fire extinguisher, heat gloves a good stove shovel/fire poker or fire place set. some way of lighting your smoker a pencil torch or weed burner or get some wax cubes. its also handy to have some metal tongs for food and a wire brush and good garden hose for cleaning your smoker.

Here is a pic i took yesterday of my lang 36 patio (Black Betty). She is my mistress and i love her!
View attachment 359698

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Thanks for the tips, glad to see I’m not the one that busted out the happy dance lol.

Oh i almost forgot, you may get some rust on your firebox because when you build a fire with the door open the flames can come out around the top of the FB. to protect the paint, i use mineral oil. i just wipe a little on the top and around the door and let it dry a little wipe it off and when you fire it up it protects that paint and prevents rust from developing. Also a lot of the delivery drivers carry paint for touch ups in case anything happens in transport. ask your delivery driver if he has an extra can, its the exact paint the factory uses and he will probably give you a can if you ask.

Congrats again!
phatbac (Aaron)

View attachment 359698

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Thanks Aaron, great advice. Just saw the pic of your cooker. I ordered the exact one except I have a fold down prep rack. Great name for her by he way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky