Lang 36

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jervid

Original poster
May 22, 2015
hi
i'm looking at getting a used 36 Lang and was curious how much food can you fit in one ??

thanks
Jerry

Try the Lang website...a bevy of info there...depends on model...but the basic 36":

The 36" smoker cooker has 6 cubic feet of cooking space and hold approximately 60-72 pounds of food with room to spare. This size allows for a whole piglet (approximately 35-45 pounds) to be smoked. Approximately 6-8 full racks of ribs can be smoked at a time.

I have a Lang 36 & it's a great smoker, but if I had the room I would have bought the 48 Patio model.
Just because I would like the extra room in the smoker.
That being said I have never needed the extra room!
Go figure!
Al

I have a Lang 36 & it's a great smoker, but if I had the room I would have bought the 48 Patio model.
Go figure!
Al
thanks for the info Al.
see that was my worry that maybe i should look for a 48
roughly what can the 36 hold ??

I just got this off of Craigslist, it a 36 stretch 4 years old, poorly taken care of full of creosote and dried grease. You may have take what you can get used. I’ve been looking for a year this was first one in my area fir a longtime.

Attachments

• BC1E2362-9ACB-4901-8BA1-41B64F4021A1.jpeg
    BC1E2362-9ACB-4901-8BA1-41B64F4021A1.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 147
thanks for the info Al.
see that was my worry that maybe i should look for a 48
roughly what can the 36 hold ??

Honestly, I don't know how much you can fit in there.
I have never filled it up.
If you call Lang or visit their website I think they can tell you.
I'm pretty sure I saw a video of Ben Lang saying how much meat would fit in one.
Al

I just sold a lang 36 and i was able to get 30# of check legs comfortably. i also on a different smoke, 7 racks of spares. and i have have gotten 4 pork butts on the top rack alone probably could get 4-5 more on the bottom. (8# butts) herer are some pics that will show different smokes filling it up...

11links.jpg
IMG_20180623_065227.jpg

td4.jpg

here are more pics...

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Btw below is a smoke on my new 48 and you can see how much more room it has.

Attachments

• fullsmoker1.jpg
    fullsmoker1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: BubbaLang48
I just sold a lang 36 and i was able to get 30# of check legs comfortably. i also on a different smoke, 7 racks of spares. and i have have gotten 4 pork butts on the top rack alone probably could get 4-5 more on the bottom. (8# butts) herer are some pics that will show different smokes filling it up...

View attachment 378974 View attachment 378975
View attachment 378977

here are more pics...

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

What size piglet can you get on that 48

View attachment 378977

here are more pics...

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

View attachment 378977

here are more pics...

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Phatbac,
Love the 48! I've been cooking on one for 10 months now. What an amazing rig. Worth every penny.

Go figure!
Al
I ordered the 36" and two days later find the order changed to 46" and wheel kit. It all came down to honestly, room.

View attachment 378977

here are more pics...

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Nice pictures. Just reassured me that 3 weeks ago when I called Lang to change my order from a 36" to the 48" man what a good call that was.

Oh you wont be disappointed! soon you'll be cooking on a lang! and when it arrives it will be Christmas morning of all Christmas mornings!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: BubbaLang48
Oh you wont be disappointed! soon you'll be cooking on a lang! and when it arrives it will be Christmas morning of all Christmas mornings!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
I'm making a trip out of it. Lang is about 6 hour drive from me. Going to hook-up the trailer and make a road trip out of it. Lang isn't open on Saturday. That's the only day I can pickup but Ben himself said he would meet me. They have made it a great experience so far.
And yes, I am a grown kid waiting for santa on Christmas morning.

Congrats on the smoker purchase. That is real nice of Ben to meet you on Sat for pick up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky