Ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, I give you the bratwurst sundae!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 16, 2016
Sandusky, OH
Loose bratwurst, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, cheddar cheese, sour cream and an olive on top. Not mine, but is the work of St. John United Church of Christ, Bucyrus, Ohio. Bucyrus Bratwurst Festival starts tomorrow. Thought you guys might enjoy seeing it.

365666214_7255115067839158_6266040781013701906_n.jpg

I'll take two! looks might good.

Jim
Save room for cream puffs!
Sign me up! I'm not a sweets or junk food guy. I'd rather eat the above, chicken wings or burgers vs junk food.
I am the same way but the cream puffs at this fest are INSANE.
Optical illusion...thought I was looking at green eggs and ham! HA!
I cannot unsee that now LOL
I hate olives . Lol .
I bet that's good . I'd be all over it .

Would you eat it on a boat ?

Could mix it all up and stuff it in a hog casing .
German Boudin .
I eat olives every day. One of my faves. Though you made olive loaf?

I would eat it in a boat,
but you need to wear a coat,
while you drink your root beer float,
in a boat, that floats, in a moat.

Excellent meal. I wish my church sold stuff like that. How much are they charging? Looks like a healthy portion

Last edited:
Points, we love ❤️ Carlys market in Bucyrus, we visit there out of festival season. The lunch there is great and we always manage to top off the freezer.

RG

Reactions: zwiller
Loose bratwurst, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, cheddar cheese, sour cream and an olive on top

Love going to church food festivals.

When you said Bratwurst sundae made me think of the my " Hot Beef Sundae " I made a while back

DSC_6062.JPG

Mashed spuds, beef, gravy, bacon, cheese, sour cream and cherry tomatoes

David

Reactions: gmc2003 and zwiller
Wait!!!!! Cream puffs?!?!? You said nothing about cream puffs!

Jim
Best to start out with the cream puff so there's room for that sundae and all the german beer later. Saving the cream puff for later is amateur hour.
Substitute the sour cream and olive with a sunny side up egg and bacon crumbles, and I'd be in heaven. Oh and also replace the sauerkraut with hash.

Point for sure
Chris
Like it, then we can call it breakfast
Excellent meal. I wish my church sold stuff like that. How much are they charging? Looks like a healthy portion
Honestly, pic is from a bud working there and been awhile since I've gone.
Points, we love ❤️ Carlys market in Bucyrus, we visit there out of festival season. The lunch there is great and we always manage to top off the freezer.

RG
Try and hit it when in the vicinity. Never had the lunch, need to do that!
Love going to church food festivals.
Same here! They're AWESOME here. This one is much closer to me.

1692282867760.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky