Labor Day Smoke with Q-View!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tpc74

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 8, 2012
Berkley, MI
Ok so my wife requested I do some cooking for labor day, so off we went to the store and back we came with some baby back ribs, beef brisket (this was actually for something she wanted to make, so i stole a small piece), bacon, pork sausage, and some peppers.  I already had some peppers and tomatos on hand, and some zuchinni I had forgot I had.

The setup:

Now unfortunately I didn't have time for pics of the prep.  I ended up smoking the ribs on the weber, and the rest on that other grill looking thing.  Upon further looking on the tag, it is described as a masterbuilt 450 charcoal smoker.  Who knew what we used as a firepit and to burn old personal documents was actually so much more.  However it was slightly difficult as there is no way to add more charcoal to it without lifting off the entire grilling surface and no venting at all on the bottom.  But I made due. :)

The rest was a combination of sorts.  First, I cut the zucchini into halves and scooped them into boats.  Then I took some medium pork sausage, cooked it on the stove with the zucchini insides, some chopped red and green pepper and some chopped red onion.  After that was done I added in some fresh shredded parm cheese.  Next I took my jalapenos, whatever the small green peppers that looked like jalapenos were, and the cubanelles and cut the ends off and removed the seeds and insides.

Guess where the sausage mix went?  Into the peppers and the boats.  The peppers also were wrapped in bacon.  The tomatos went on last when I was achieving some really good smoke, and they were simply cut in half and seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and some of that parm cheese on top.

The brisket was just rubbed with some dry rub I picked up at the store, thats it.

Pics of the ribs during the smoke:

Pics of the brisket, zucchini boats, and what resemble some sort of ABT's (but I don't know if they really qualify):

Pics of the brisket and the tomatos which were put on right at the end:

Pics of the finished rib product:

The ABT looking thingys:

The zucchini boats:

Finally the brisket and tomatos:

Everything as I was told turned out excellent!  I was actually quite surprised by the delicious smoke flavor the tomatos had as I was concerned because they were only on for a short time, maybe 30 min or so.  But the smoke was really cranking at that time so maybe that was it. 

Thanks all for looking, and hope you had a wonderful labor day.

Reactions: cesarschoice
That all looks pretty great and good job reigning in the Masterbuilt...JJ

drool.gif
Awesome Job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky