King Cake Bread Pudding....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So, went cook with the guys tonight and they had some stale king cake on the counter @ the firehouse.

1583458189597.jpeg

Time for King Cake Bread Pudding! Basically, you can make bread pudding out of any ole stale bread, but stale King cake is a real treat!
As you can see, these were a few days past due..
1583458217808.jpeg

Had someone heading this way so I called them and asked them to stop by the store on the way to pick up eggs, heavy whipping cream, and butter.

Stale King Cake broken up into 2" pieces in a bowl, pouring the batter on top to soak in. WE reduce the sugar in the recipe by 2/3's because of all the icing and sugar in the king cake.....

1583458218385.jpeg

Fold gently to incorporate..
1583458246488.jpeg

Bake @ 375* for about 40 minutes, and while that is in the oven, time to make the sauce...
1583458247185.jpeg

And this is what it looks like when it comes out of the oven... don't break up the icing to small when you are breaking up the bread. leave it in 1" or so peices for presentation.

1583462871202.jpeg

And now pour the icing on top...
1583462871931.jpeg

And it is READY!!!
1583458573392.jpeg

So good! WE do this with stale doughnuts too! Both glazed and chocolate work! but I like to make a bavarian cream sauce to go on top of the stale chocolate doughnut bread pudding. That will have to be another post though!!!

Last edited:
That looks absolutely fantastic Keith!! There is a restaurant in these parts called the Perini Ranch Steak House. The chef there is world famous and has cooked for multiple presidents as well as royalty from across the pond. they make a Jack Daniels bread pudding that is just off the charts. The place is 200 mile trip each way but we used to ride the motorcycles out there for lunch pretty regularly and every time I went I made sure to get the bread pudding. Theirs doesn't look as good as yours though!!

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
That bread pudding looks awesome! Doesn’t the king cake have the baby Jesus in it?

I don’t think I’ve ever had bread pudding. I sure as hell would like yours though!

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky