Just winging it on a Friday night!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
It was Friday night it was time for some wings!!!

Started with Costco wing part, I start by coating them in corn starch and then an enhanced Jeff’s original rub…..ie for those that have Jeff’s rub, I double the key spice ratio and add a couple of Tbsp of powdered butter and I also substitute 1/2 the sugar with sugar in the raw….
E9DBFA16-3F4C-4DD3-9297-3AE37F35B476.jpeg

On the preheated Weber top rack at 390 chamber temp….
3CCA91C3-8D69-4153-8F81-E96CF764E567.jpeg

I turn them as they progress and so the roast uniform…..about 10 mins left…. They were joined by some fresh pineapple…. Total time on the gril….50 min….
E0BB7B60-58E5-4AA4-821A-95FC9728A02F.jpeg

These baby’s were joined by some scratch made bacon Mac….
5B341899-7FE8-4022-BB0A-484418BAA370.jpeg

This is called winging it!
1DFA5B33-56C3-4AAB-AA38-95C0FB12FE94.jpeg

Grilled pineapple and Mac are automatic matching sides in our house!
14D8A47D-F4BF-446D-9665-50282AD9778A.jpeg

Happy Friday wing money shot!
CB55FE72-93C9-4A01-B53D-6A08A7D475F0.jpeg

Total prep and cook time 75 mins!

Some great looking wings. I had some drying in fridge to cook last night but the 110 degree heat was to much. Cold front coming through today and they should be good and dry now.

Awesome . Weber gas grill makes great wings , and those look fantastic .

Dang Civil you nailed those wings. They look fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

Some great looking wings. I had some drying in fridge to cook last night but the 110 degree heat was to much. Cold front coming through today and they should be good and dry now.
Thanks Brian! Man oh man you could probably just put your wings on some foil and sun roast them!!! That is crazy HOT! Drink lots o water!
Great looking wings! I could make that plate disappear quickly.

Jim
Much appreciated Jim, I know I eat way to many but man I could stop reaching for another one!
Awesome . Weber gas grill makes great wings , and those look fantastic .
Many thanks chop! Yes the new Weber is a keeper for sure!
They look scrumptious!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, they certainly hit the spot and believe it or not I was normalizing the nice build at the same time….. going from one grill to another….lol.
Oh man those look great. Nice presentation too
Many thanks SUPN! The timber china was in the works till the wife ask if I was going to make a post….so the pretty plate came out!
Dang Civil you nailed those wings. They look fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! I’ve been hammering in on getting a simple but repeatable merging and I think the nail is fully seated now!

It was Friday night it was time for some wings!!!

Started with Costco wing part, I start by coating them in corn starch and then an enhanced Jeff’s original rub…..ie for those that have Jeff’s rub, I double the key spice ratio and add a couple of Tbsp of powdered butter and I also substitute 1/2 the sugar with sugar in the raw….
View attachment 675742

On the preheated Weber top rack at 390 chamber temp….
View attachment 675743

I turn them as they progress and so the roast uniform…..about 10 mins left…. They were joined by some fresh pineapple…. Total time on the gril….50 min….
View attachment 675744

These baby’s were joined by some scratch made bacon Mac….
View attachment 675748

This is called winging it!
View attachment 675745

Grilled pineapple and Mac are automatic matching sides in our house!
View attachment 675746

Happy Friday wing money shot!
View attachment 675747
Total prep and cook time 75 mins!
Looks delicious!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Looks really good. Congrats on the rotator ride.
Many thanks broke!
Perfect looking wings!! And with bacon mac? A whole new level has been reached!
Thanks Steve! Yes that is bacon Mac! The wife used a medium sharp white cheddar in the Mac along with some parm and smoked Gouda! Just yum!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky