Just learning

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by shenk, Feb 9, 2008.

1. shenk

shenk Fire Starter

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm "just learning" the ropes. I'm from the small town of Havre de Grace Maryland. I was introduced to real smoked foods not long ago by a few friends of mine who are members of smf. After eating their smoked meats (meats, cheese, nuts, if it sits still long enough we'll put some smoke to it!) I can't stay away from it. I'm currently in the process of making a UDS, I like to make things myself and after helping my friend make and use his I don't think you can beat them. Well thats it for now, I look forward to talking to everyone later and posting some pictures of good eats!

-Mike[​IMG]

2. glued2it

glued2it Master of the Pit

Welcome to SMF! Looking forward to seeing your Q-Views!

3. Welcome to SMF Mike,as you already know this is the forum to be in to exchange ideas and recipes on smoking.[​IMG]

4. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Glad to have you here.............. Welcome aboard..............

Kookie

5. smokin for life

smokin for life Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF Mike, you made a good move coming here. Just remember to show us what you smoke.

6. what is a U.D.S. ?

7. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, this forum is great. I am sure that alot of people (including myself) are always learning new things.

8. j-rod

j-rod Fire Starter

Glad to have you, I am also learning and these guys will really help you out, look forward to seeing some good BBQ.

9. welcome and good luck with your UDS (ugly drum smoker) and don't be afraid to try some of your own ideas, since you have already helped with one.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome Mike! If you like making things yourself and smoking food, you done hit the right spot here! Keep us up to date on projects![​IMG]

11. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome, glad to see you joined. we will get that drum done soon, so you can start turning out some good q.

12. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Shenk welcome to smf!!!!Glad to see you joined us here a this very great forum. Tons of great smokin info!!!!!!!!!!!

13. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. This is THE place to be.

14. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

SHENK
    Welcome to SMF, it appears you are good hands with your buddies who are also fellow SMF members !!!

15. bustedluckbarbq

bustedluckbarbq Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Shenk!! dont forget the horseshoe pits.... gotta have somethin' to do while we wait on the smoke!!