Jeff's Rub.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by link, Sep 26, 2013.

1. link

link Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

So I have been a member of the forum for a while and have been working on trying to come up with a good rub myself.

But for now I decided it was time to give Jeff's a try and I wanted to support the forum as well.

What is the best thing to try it on first?

2. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I did it on spare ribs.

3. link

I am thinking a Pork shoulder but ribs sound good.

4. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Do both.   [​IMG]

5. Link, good morning, I have used Jeffs Rub on pork ribs, beef roast, NY steak  and chicken, It is fantastic on all of them.

Rich-

6. gotbags-10

gotbags-10 Smoke Blower

I use it on ribs and butts not briskey's though

7. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Mainly beef for me. No chicken, no pork.

8. link

Ok, so I still have not had a chance to get the smoker going so that I can try Jeff's Rub on something, but I did mix up a batch and use it on some venison steaks on Sunday.

It was very easy to make and had nice flavor. I have three in my family (wife and teenage boy) and neither of them like hot/spicy very much. I did not want to change the recipe without trying it as is first but knowing them I did go a little lighter on one ingredient.

the outcome; my wife liked it but still thought it was a bit hot. My son and I really liked it. It has a great flavor and I can see using it with a small tweak on many things.

I did not try the sauce yet (we are not much for sauce) but I will anyway just because.

Conclusion well worth the purchase price for this and it helps the forum so it is a win/win.

If you have not tried it you should.