It's Friday - What's cooking this weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatback joe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2007
Hampden, MA
Kids got a swim meat on Saturday.......doing a butt and a brisket on Sunday.

What's cookin' at your place?

Just finished grinding and seasoning 5 pounds of butt sausage.

Gonna try my first 2 fatties tomorrow.......I think i have smoked everything in my life- but some fatties(SAUSAGE that is..)

Nice beef roast for sunday as well...

For starters I have an abalone that will get devoured either tonight or tomorrow. Then I have 2 pounds of stew meat thawing out to make some Beef Stew. A 3lb London Broil that will get sliced up for jerky tonight. Some cow camp seasoned yard bird thighs and last but not least I'll be trying my first Hanging Beef Tender. Guess I need to get some batteries for the camera.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

We're getting our first snow in about 3 years w/temps supposed to go to 25, so I'm out picking my oranges, my last cucumber big enough to eat, my last almost red jalapeno, and I guess I might as well get the 2 green tomatoes to fry up. We'll probably get something out of the freezer this weekend that we've put away for that finally here snowy day!
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Nothing for Saturday or Sunday but I'm finishing up some spares on the WSM right now. It's been pretty darn cold all day, it's 27° out with a wind chill of 16°. I had to move the smoker out of the wind to get the temps up.

It's been running good since.

We are having some really mild temps in the North East. 65* yesterday and 55* today. So today I have a 4 pound brisket point on the offset and tomorrow will be some abt's for a party. That's what the brisky is for too.

Probably nothing this weekend, supposed to rain/snow tomorrow
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Not sure about Sunday though.
Just put a turkey in the freezer and soon as that is thawed gonna give it a good honey injection and smoke it on up.
Guess that will be a post for later in the week...

Saturday:

On the smoker:

Ital. Sausage ABT's
Cherry Bombs(stuffed cherry peppers rolled up in Ital. Sausage
chix Wings
Texas hot links

in the kitchen:

a large vat of chicken stock

Sounds good eveyone.

I'm excited - I got two big slabs of IPB brand spare ribs from Sam's yesterday...never bought spares at Sam's. What do you all think?

For those that know - are they pretty good? Non-enhanced, cryo-vakked, brisket bone removed spare ribs...$1.87 per pound.

I'm stoked!

Happy weekend to all...

Gonna grill some T-Bones from our half-steer in the freezer one of the two day's and the other I think I'm gonna start smoking some beef for my December chili-throwdown entry...looking forward to this one.

Now is a good time to be where it's warm. It will only be in the upper 20's here tomorrow. Man, that's cold to be outside makin sure the temps up.

I've got a new roommate that has moved in and i am going to smoke 3 beer can chickens. I promised him the best chicken he's ever eaten, so I'll be brining as well. :) Smoking on Sunday

I ended up with a bunch of boneless skinless chk breasts. Most have been cleaned and frozen for later use. Tried to smoke some for sandwiches. Soaked a few in brine and then injected with a soln. of brown sugar, soy, dijon mustard and garlic powder. Smoked over tangerine wood for 45 min at 275 until 157-160. Sliced them up thin for sandwiches.

For dinner I made shrimp and grits. Wifey is out of town and she hates shrimp so a time to indulge.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky