Italian Involtini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
DougE DougE ronf ronf 912smoker 912smoker H HushyQ BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma

Thank you guys for the kind words and likes. This was a lot of fun to make and the combination possibilities are almost endless. I’ve seen it with various fillings, sometimes with a wine reduction sometimes marsala wine and I’ve seen it finished with marinara. So it’s a Chang up dish to have fun with. It’s basically Scallopini that is rolled instead of cooked flat.

Reactions: DieselTech
jcam222 jcam222 912smoker 912smoker H HushyQ

The salmon rolled in cucumber is fantastic, it’s usually made with cream cheese but I went big and used mascarpone at $8.00 an ounce, lol probably not again.

I will warn you that the cucumber slices with seeds (at least half of the cucumber) will not hold together, so you use the top 3 or so slices and about the same on the opposite side, I only had 1 cucumber but needed 2 or 3 more. Maybe English cucumber would be better? IDK but still very worthy as an appetizer or addition to a salad for sure.

jcam222 jcam222 912smoker 912smoker H HushyQ

The salmon rolled in cucumber is fantastic, it’s usually made with cream cheese but I went big and used mascarpone at $8.00 an ounce, lol probably not again.

I will warn you that the cucumber slices with seeds (at least half of the cucumber) will not hold together, so you use the top 3 or so slices and about the same on the opposite side, I only had 1 cucumber but needed 2 or 3 more. Maybe English cucumber would be better? IDK but still very worthy as an appetizer or addition to a salad for sure.
I'm thinking perhaps even using zucchini

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky