Italian Dried sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DomfromCT

Original poster
Feb 6, 2020
3C446F9D-EB81-44BD-BFB5-3FAFD6F5A98A.JPG
D8C4C1EA-95D5-4EDA-9CEB-B9FCE6362735.JPG
A9A6FFFC-5981-4AB6-AD4E-6E6535C531FB.JPG

Attachments

• 75388A29-A7E1-403E-A8B4-E3DBCCFD6C6B.JPG
    75388A29-A7E1-403E-A8B4-E3DBCCFD6C6B.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 6
Looks real good Dom, 500# holy cow

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DomfromCT
Thank you everyone the story is just getting my cousins together and carrying on the traditions of my grandparents . My Nonno would make 28 gabagool a year and 600lbs of sausage to share with his kids and brother i grew up helping him with the garden, vino all of it and now its my turn but i wanted to bring my cousins in to show them what i know and bring back the old beautiful way of life with this being the start.

We also take the gabagool after its done curing and put it in oil for 6 months around month 4 it picks up this amazing nutty flavor and can be compared to a prosciutto taste . We use pork loin not shoulder or butt i know its lonza but we call it gabagool and gabagool is Napolitan a southern Italian language not a New Jersey slang word that they made up lol

Thank you everyone

Great googly moogly Dom.

What part of CT are you in, I lived up there for 15 yrs

I lived in Middletown kind of around the corner from Meadows Meats that sits on the river

Wow Dom, tell us the story when ya get a chance.
hello sir i posted my story hope you see it and one more question
i bought the mold would it be a ok thing to d to spry it down after i wipe off the bad white mold with vinegar?
Bactoferm Mold-600

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky