is there such a thing as a mini smoker ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cal1956

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado
its just the two of us and i hate firing up the smoker for small amounts of meat
sometimes i will smoke 6-8 pork chops and freeze them for later , but it would be nice to have a mini smoker instead of using the big one, is there such a thing ?

Last edited:
thats the perfect size . now if someone would make them and sell them

after i started this thread i thought about those, seems like i had one in my early 20s , seems like more of a grill than smoker but i could be wrong, its been to long to remember much about how i liked it

after i started this thread i thought about those, seems like i had one in my early 20s , seems like more of a grill than smoker but i could be wrong, its been to long to remember much about how i liked it

WSMs are more smokers then grills. You can grill on them, but there are better options. They were introduced in the early 80s I think.

Chris

Awhile back a bunch of us made these. . .Mini WSM's
IMG_0103.JPG

around 1980 sounds about right , i like the off set idea better, would like something i could use hickory chunks in .....might have to talk to a welder about making one, but that could be an expense way to go

around 1980 sounds about right , i like the off set idea better, would like something i could use hickory chunks in .....might have to talk to a welder about making one, but that could be an expense way to go
Just bury the wood chunks in the charcoal for minimum flare up and good smoke. I make a ring of charcoal around a 1 pound coffee can with both ends cut out, pour my lit charcoal into the can and pull the can out with tongs or gloves, burns at 250 - 275 for hours. If you use water in the pan it really steadies the temp or you can put rocks in the pan for higher temp smoking. Good quality bullet smokers really do work well, take up little space, require minimum baby-sitting and won't break the bank.

i was just now looking at an electric Char -Broil on amazon for $150.00 , never used an electric before but i think this one has only 524 sq.in of cooking space so its nice and small i'm sure it would take some getting used to ,but i'm thinking it might just work for us once i figure it out

Smokin-It just brought out a small electric smoker. They call it the Sydney Camper Smoker, they rate it to hold up to 10# of meat. I have their #1 that I bought 2 years ago to take camping and love it. I use it for all my small batch smoking instead of using the bigger #3 that I have.

what kinda temps do these things hold at and can you control the temp at all ?

If you want the pellet variety here you go! This thing is AWESOME!
F6940129-C804-4A01-B861-340D0E5B8CBF.jpeg

It has a 150 to 550 temp range and a true PID controller!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky