Interesting in concept,not price.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm having fun with the 1990 Weber 22 kettle I rescued last year. Right now it's on a short set of legs to make it a convenient height for people sitting in chairs. The rim sits 21 inches off the ground.

Snazzy!
But I always thought the dripping hitting the coals, the sizzel, the sm00ke, was all a part of The Great Bar-B-Que experiance. Are we supposed to use low fat chunk charcoal, too?
I could see the raise/lower mechanism gumming up soon.

You know, more fishing lures catch fishermen, than they catch fish.... :rolleyes:

I think it channels away (some), of the drippings. To help reduce flare ups of an open grill.

Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are chemicals formed when muscle meat, including beef, pork, fish, or poultry, is cooked using high-temperature methods, such as pan frying or grilling directly over an open flame (1). In laboratory experiments, HCAs and PAHs have been found to be mutagenic—that is, they cause changes in DNA that may increase the risk of cancer.
:D

I think it channels away (some), of the drippings. To help reduce flare ups of an open grill.

Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are chemicals formed when muscle meat, including beef, pork, fish, or poultry, is cooked using high-temperature methods, such as pan frying or grilling directly over an open flame (1). In laboratory experiments, HCAs and PAHs have been found to be mutagenic—that is, they cause changes in DNA that may increase the risk of cancer.

How in the hell did we ever live this long? :(o_O

Oh, I know! We didn't have a bunch of bored koledge stujents telling us we was doin it rong! :rolleyes::confused:

I donno who is the biggest liar, Ad writers, or Lawyer/Politicians.

SIGH! I wonder if those drippins could make some good gravy? ;)

I believe you are correct .It appears those are like Webers "flavorizer bars" but inverted.They get screaming hot and vaporize the drippings and catch/channel what does not vaporize.

If they didn't control grease somewhat, the flare ups would cause all the sensors to freak out . Then there's no point to construct such a device.

Yep, getting a long ways away from a Bar-B-Que. And a lot closer to Beemers in the driveway and Patio Braggarts swigging imported beers. With sculpted women in size zero clothing leering at each other.

Sigh! Not my crowd... I prefer Harleys, Harlots, and American Brew.
BEER! It's not just for breakfast anymore.... :D LOL!

Reactions: SmokinAl
Yep, getting a long ways away from a Bar-B-Que. And a lot closer to Beemers in the driveway and Patio Braggarts swigging imported beers. With sculpted women in size zero clothing leering at each other.

Sigh! Not my crowd... I prefer Harleys, Harlots, and American Brew.
BEER! It's not just for breakfast anymore.... :D LOL!

Sonny, I think you & I would be best buds if we lived near each other!
Al

Reactions: SonnyE
Sonny, I think you & I would be best buds if we lived near each other!
Al

I like to think you'd like me as a neighbor.
I sure know I like your pickles!
We would have a blast driving the neighbors crazy.
Hey Al, you've got me looking at little patio refrigerators.
Holy outdoor kitchens and beer coolers! ;)

Pics or it didn't happen!

Hey. You asked for it. :confused:
Not my fault if you tear your eyeballs out.... :eek:

I like to think you'd like me as a neighbor.
I sure know I like your pickles!
We would have a blast driving the neighbors crazy.
Hey Al, you've got me looking at little patio refrigerators.
Holy outdoor kitchens and beer coolers! ;)

Hey. You asked for it. :confused:
Not my fault if you tear your eyeballs out.... :eek:
Those girls need a sandwich.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky