injection dangers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beerwagon

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 4, 2014
south central Pennsylvnia
If I search injected sausage around here I get all warnings... haha.

If I inject fresh sausage, and smoke it to eat, usually takes 2.5 to 3 hours till done.

I inject about 5minutes prior to goin on the smoker, then eat it right after being finished, are there potential risk with this or am I safe to enjoy my tasty reward?

Most warning for injection is based on 40-140 in under 4 hrs on whole muscle meats.

Now since you are using a ground meat, you should be over 155 for your final temp on beef and pork, and over 165 for chicken, in the same time frame. The only exception would be if you are using and curing salts in your sausage mix.

If I search injected sausage around here I get all warnings... haha.

If I inject fresh sausage, and smoke it to eat, usually takes 2.5 to 3 hours till done.

I inject about 5minutes prior to goin on the smoker, then eat it right after being finished, are there potential risk with this or am I safe to enjoy my tasty reward?

What temp are you reheating at, and what temp are you taking them to....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky