I'm watchin a New Years show on CBS from Nashville

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And Rob Snyder's daughter?
The best record deal that daddy's $$ can buy😂
Just waiting to see LS play "Three Steps"

Keith

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
And I thought it was gonna be country music.

But I've not heard a song yet, that's talking about ...

being drunk

or mom

or prison

or rain

or pick up trucks

or trains

I guess I'm not current on country music.

I hear ya brother! Most of these "country stars" probably couldn't tell you who David Alan Coe is. "David Who???"

I accidentally flipped past that particular show for just long enough to catch some blond swimsuit model with a guitar strapped on, singing a pop song with a terribly hoked-up and over-done southern twang...and I'm sure she's a best-selling "country artist".

Sure...I know I'm an old fart who misses Merle Haggard and George Jones. Heck...I miss the Good Ole Days when they all still called George Strait The King. But seriously - these kids today! Sing any pop drivel conceivable, and as long as you sing it with that patented "Southern Redneck Twangy Drawl" you can call it Country.

Rant over...

Red

Oh - and mind you:

Just for the record --
I have not one thing against blond swimsuit models...in fact I'm in favor of blond swimsuit models! Definitely not trying to be a blond swimsuit model hater, here... :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_wink: :emoji_sunglasses:

Red
And I missed it! But Joel has met my dogs... only person our Dobie has met and instantly stopped barking at him. If she barked anymore it's cuz he wasn't giving her enough attention.
Have a happy new year everyone!

Ryan

Reactions: seenred
If anyone has a picture of this said Blond Bathing Suit Model guitar toting singer
Please post it , I want to make up my own mind to hate her , LOL

Just asking , I don't want to hate her just because she sings with a twang

A little Waylon Willie and the boys are playing out in the shop while I work today at cleaning it up for the new year ( back to a mess in 1 quick day )

David

Yeah, same here. I started watching the Dick Clark show…..couldn’t stand it. Changed over to the Nashville show… not much better.

Jim
I turned it on with 5 seconds left of ball dropping.
Hit midnight, turned it off, and and went back to watching Reacher.

Reactions: seenred
I tried to watch the New York show, turned to the Nashville show, turned the tv off and went to bed. At about 11:30, Ivory came into the bedroom and wanted in bed with me. The celebratory fireworks were freaking her out! So I stayed up until about two till she calmed down. Damn, I'm getting old!

And I thought it was gonna be country music.

But I've not heard a song yet, that's talking about ...

being drunk

or mom

or prison

or rain

or pick up trucks

or trains

I guess I'm not current on country music.
The best line in the show, regarding hell. "Hell is just a lot of emails....... and zoom meetings,... that could have been handled with an email."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky