I'm baffled...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
icon_mrgreen.gif
I found myself in tinker mode again this weekend (imagine that...), so I decided to play with my CharGriller... It now has a baffle installed!

Next on the menu is gonna be two rails; one at the back and one at the front, just above the lower edge of the baffle. These will be for "tuning" plates.

Can't wait to fire it up!!

...for now.
biggrin.gif

I installed rails for the plates to sit on, the plates can be moved/removed to tune the heat. I think this should work well...
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
I'll keep y'all posted!

Looks good, HH. I'm curious as to whether that's gonna use more charcoal. Let me know, will ya? I'm trying to figure out a way to capture more of the heat I see going out the top of the firebox, so I can use less charcoal.

I'm guessing here... probably about 8 to 10 inches...? I didn't measure it.

Originally, I guessed it to be about 8 to 10 inches... NOT. I just measured it (just before the skies opened up... man, it's POURING here!) and it is more like 6 inches. I'll be firing it up this week to see how it all works.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky