IE back Button Issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Until the problem gets fixes on the server side, you can avoid the need for multiple clicks by clicking once on the history pulldown and then selecting the previous page you visited. The history pulldown is located to the right of the back and forward buttons at the top left of the IE screen. This workaround is a bit less annoying than doing the multiple click thing.

I appreciate everyone's patience with these problems.. I just got word tonight that Huddler is planning an update for Thursday which should fix the IE8 problem.

This is my opinion entirely, however, I don't use Internet Explorer of any version. It is constantly trying to get me to do something that I don't want to do and that is just so typical. I have been using Firefox for several years now and playing around with Chrome recently but Firefox seems to be the best browser for me with the least amount of problems.

It seems that Huddler is working very hard to continually update, improve and maintain the code to make the site do what it supposed to do in all standard browsers so I feel pretty confident that we are in good hands when problems do arise.

Just wanted to give everyone some good news
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TulsaJeff  
This is my opinion entirely, however, I don't use Internet Explorer of any version. It is constantly trying to get me to do something that I don't want to do and that is just so typical. I have been using Firefox for several years now and playing around with Chrome recently but Firefox seems to be the best browser for me with the least amount of problems.

Just wanted to give everyone some good news
smile.gif
I appreciate the recommendation.  Both those browsers don't do what I want them to do, especially with the newest flash plugins.

This is my opinion entirely.  But vBulletin 4.10 does not exhibit these problems at all.  I think Huddler exhibits a lot of the Windows NT characteristics.  Many it is not tested fully.

But it is good to get the news they are working to make it work properly with the most common browser in use on the planet.

I appreciate the work on it and the time to get it fully debugged, it is a neat change to the alternatives. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky