I read a forum about condo assoc. won't let you have charcoal smokers!

Discussion in 'U.D.S. Ugly Drum Smoker' started by jalan43, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jalan43

jalan43 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

I could not believe that they are controling how we cook now. What's next? Maybe we will only be able to eat tofu sausage. We will all turn into hippies! No disrespect to the hippies......

Just put together an Electric UDS. The Electric element can be bought at Cabela's for forty dollars and PID controllers can be bought at a reasonable price on Ebay. UDS will be able to smoke more lbs of meat than your average store bought electric smoker. Not that they don't do a great job, but I usually need to smoke 30 to 40 lbs of meat at a time.

If you can drill holes, use a wrench, and, use a sander, then you can build your own UDS.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those HOA can be a you know what. Way to find away around it.

3. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Many Garden style condo's it is against the fire code to use charcoal.   They get burned down.

4. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

Land of the free my [​IMG][​IMG]No i don't have a uds yet but i have 3 drums in my yard and just gave away a my 3rd smoker to make the [​IMG]  happy.So maybe i can sneak this one in.I don't have a HOA but i am trying to sell to move to the middle of nowhere.