I LOVE THIS SITE!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by so ms smoker, Dec 27, 2010.

1. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

I have been watching this site for about amonth and recently signed up. Had decided to buy a charcoal/wood smoker in the spring then saw an ad for an Electric Smoker and had an epiphany! I don't have to stay up all night to have great smoked meats and decided to give it a try. Did 2 whole chickens with salt,pepper and Tony's for a rub. Great reviews from friends. Then purchased Jeffs two offerings and did a pork butt per his instructions for a Christmas party. (Sorry, no pics). Awesome reviewes from the crowd! (Thanks Jeff). Then did a whole chicken with Jeff's rib rub. Also awesome.

I have been using a mix of hickory and apple wood. Can't wait to do some spares with pecan and apple wood.OK, so I should have made 4 or 5 posts, but I am a Newbie with a new toy!

Looking forward to trying many of your ideas in the future.

2. rp ribking

rp ribking Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

So Ms Smoker, I'll beat Pineywoods to the punch,

[​IMG]

Anyway, A Big Welcome to the SMF Enjoy!!!!!!!

3. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Welcome aboard and congrats on the successful smokes!  Now you've been around enough to know we gotta have our Qview!  Charge up them camera batteries and get to snapping some pictures next smoke.  [​IMG]

Did you brine your yard birds?  I think brining takes things to another level that is definitely worth the effort.

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

First off Welcome Ms Smoker to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

5. welcolme 2 SMF, I dont know why people jump on new members here about Q view, I am new here too and smoke 3 to 4 days a week,  I am just finding my way around here, and do not have a camera right now, but that does not mean i can not smoke meat with great results, Today i took a bag of small venison steaks out and used meat tenderizer mallot on them to spread them out a little, 8 in all, then carmalized some onions and made cornbread stuffing, rolled them up and wraped in bacon and smoked with hickory and cherrywood till they were 155 and than foiled for a half hour and they were awsome. but i am sure the the next post will say where is the Qview  does everybody here Qview everytime they smoke something ?

6. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the party So Ms Smoker  !

Smokezilla - I love looking at Qview - I get a lot of inspiration from other people's cooks - there are such great cooks here.

7. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome so MS smoker. Glad things are going good for ya. We would love to see some of what you are doing when you get a chance. We live on qview around here.

Smokezilla

I don't always take a pic of every smoke but I don't post anything on the smokes if I dont post the pics. It is kind of an unwritten rule on this forum started long before most of the active folks here even joined.  Doesn't make you a bad person either way

8. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. [​IMG]

9. so ms smoker

Don't worry. I will have qview of my next smoke....if I can figure out how to do it!

10. so ms smoker

Yes, I did brine for 3-4 hours. It just seems to make the birds so much juicier.

11. so ms smoker

Been there, done that.

I read the first installment, then the next 4 together when I got back from deer camp. Picked up some great tidbits from the E-course.

12. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

How were they?

Were they smoked?

Bear

13. so ms smoker

The yard birds? Yes, brined, rubbed and smoked.They were great!

14. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

No, the tidbits you picked up.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Bear

15. dogcop1us

dogcop1us Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

welcome to the forum!

16. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF! As said above we live for Q-view. We don't take pictures of every smoke, but when you post your smoking experience we all want to see the results. They have a saying here that's something like " If there's no Q-view, it didn't happen." Anyhow, glad to hear your smoking experience is going well. Good luck & happy smoking!