I love the bags from Vacum Sealers Unlimited!!! Pics included!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally managed to get my order in with the coupon. I had to keep trying different links. For some reason the "Visit Our Store" when under the "Mylar Bags" tab does not work I would appreciate if someone would test those links that I provided.

In 418 the original link worked, it was the tab visit our online store that didn't. I'll try 419 again. Hold on for a second.

Chris

Nope still nothing. Clicked the save 60% and buy now.

Chris

Same thing with the Save 50% now button.

Chris

Hi guys,

You're right! Those are bugs and thank you SO MUCH for bringing them to my attention! They are still directing people back to the temporary domain we were using to develop the site. I will get these fixed right away.

And this is why I don't sleep!

Thanks for the input and please let me know if I've missed anything else.

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa, can you look into stocking "Portion Pouch Vacuum Sealer Bags"
I would love something like this for freezer meals separating stuff like veggies, potatoes and rice from chicken, beef and pork. I would like to start making some meals for my aging parents where they can have a decent dinner just boiling some water and dropping these into the pot.
I'm gonna experiment with folding bags in half and sealing to see if that works.
FSDesktopSize-24.jpg

FSDesktopSize-23.jpg

Good morning,

I will look into it! I think it's a great idea. I just have to make sure that FoodSaver doesn't have a patent on the design.

Thank you,
Lisa

Hey guys I just want to put this out there. This is an Apples to Apples comparison, the prices below are for Vacuum Seal rolls sold by Vacuum Sealers Unlimited.

The same Vacuum Rolls at Amazon are a pretty good deal, Here are some price break downs.

I just used 11" x 50' rolls as an example and these are with the 10% :SMF" discount applied.

Amazon 4 rolls @ $39.20 ($9.80 a roll)
VSU Direct 4 Rolls @ $58.52 ($14.63 a roll) (Difference of $19.32)
[Shipping $14.35]

Now when you increase the quantity, the cost at Amazon is still much better due to the shipping cost on VSU Direct

Amazon 6 rolls @ $58.80 ($9.80 a roll)

VSU Direct 6 Rolls @ $86.20 ($14.36 a roll) (Difference of $27.00)
[Shipping $19.95]

Amazon 10 rolls @ $98.00 ($9.80 a roll)
VSU Direct 10 Rolls @ $143.37 ($14.33 a roll) (Difference of $45.37)
[Shipping $32.95]

Hi Everyone,

Yes, the rolls (& quart bags) are less expensive on Amazon, because they are doing the shipping on their UPS or USPS account, and receive an entire container of products at a time, so it's a quantity thing.

If you ever have any questions, please contact me here or at [email protected].

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa, Yes I noticed that you only have Quart Bags and Rolls being sold at Amazon.
Shipping is the killer and the deal-breaker, and it seems relative to price (sort of) and not necessarily bulk, up to a certain point.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am obligated to the forum members here first and have their better interest at heart. And to be fair to Vacuum Sealers Unlimited, I have only compared your products to each other and not other vendors products as in post #432.
My suggestion for Quart Bags and Rolls is to get them from Amazon.

Please explain how your shipping is calculated.

I also can't figure out the coupon but it seems to take off more than 10% and takes the 10% from the total including shipping which is awesome, most vendors exclude shipping when using coupon codes, a definite thumbs up here!

My suggestions to all members buying bags from Vacuum Sealers Unlimited is to, go to your cart and when you have selected everything you want, then play with the quantities and update the cart while watching your $HIPPING. The shipping has me miffed, at first it looks proportionate to price but sometimes just jumps to a point of, "are you kidding me".

Members be very careful with the shipping. In a mock up I increased lower value items items and shipping would go up $.0.20.
I then increased one item by $50.00 and the shipping increased from $47.70 to $169.88 thats a $122.00 difference, an increase of (256%). I don't know if this is a glitch but I am hoping Lisa can explain this (and/or fix it).

I am posting an example of a mock order showing the 256% increase.

example 1.jpg

example 2.jpg

Hey guys I just want to put this out there. This is an Apples to Apples comparison, the prices below are for Vacuum Seal rolls sold by Vacuum Sealers Unlimited.

The same Vacuum Rolls at Amazon are a pretty good deal, Here are some price break downs.

I just used 11" x 50' rolls as an example and these are with the 10% :SMF" discount applied.

Amazon 4 rolls @ $39.20 ($9.80 a roll)
VSU Direct 4 Rolls @ $58.52 ($14.63 a roll) (Difference of $19.32)
[Shipping $14.35]

Not sure where you found that on Amazon. I only found 2 Pack of Vacuum Sealers Unlimited - 11" x 50' Rolls For FoodSaver, etc. - Thicker, Heavy-Duty Commercial Quality Textured Vacuum Sealer Bags - BPA Free & FDA Approved $38.09 & Free Shipping. I don't see 4 rolls unless you order two 2-packs.

As a matter of fact, I can only see 4 different Vacuum Sealers Unlimited products on Amazon. 2 - 8" rolls, 2 - 11" rolls, an 8 and an 11 roll combo, and quart bags

Hi Everybody,

Yes, I do sell rolls and quart bags on Amazon. They have many, many different distribution centers across the country and they have deals with UPS and the USPS to ship for next to nothing, so that's how they do it. I make a buck or two on each sale and hope for volume. I ship everything to Amazon, and they do all of the picking, boxing, and shipping. After it leaves me to go to their distribution centers, I don't see the products again. I don't pay for the labels, boxes, ink, (my aching back), etc. to get these items shipped.

With regard to my shipping charges, I charge only what I am charged. I don't mark it up at all. I also pass along my highly discounted FEDEX rates that I negotiate with them. My profit is so low, that if I don't pass along my shipping charges, I will lose money every time I sell something. I'm just a little business trying to keep my head above water.

I am, however, also a consumer and I completely understand what you mean by wanting free shipping, because I want it, too. One big reason I just launched a newly designed website, is that it is flexible in what I can do. I am looking at ways to offer you better ways to buy Vacuum Sealers Unlimited products.

I truly appreciate this forum, and I certainly want to give you the best value for your money.

Lisa

Not sure where you found that on Amazon. I only found 2 Pack of Vacuum Sealers Unlimited - 11" x 50' Rolls For FoodSaver, etc. - Thicker, Heavy-Duty Commercial Quality Textured Vacuum Sealer Bags - BPA Free & FDA Approved $38.09 & Free Shipping. I don't see 4 rolls unless you order two 2-packs.
Yes you would order 2 of the 2 packs to get 4.
As a matter of fact, I can only see 4 different Vacuum Sealers Unlimited products on Amazon. 2 - 8" rolls, 2 - 11" rolls, an 8 and an 11 roll combo, and quart bags

I'm not sure you are following me.
If you want 10 rolls you would have to order 5 packs of 2.
The point I was trying to make was that the price of the rolls never changes when ordering from Amazon and you get free shipping.
If you look closer at post #432, you will see the price difference broken down per roll and see what the shipping cost from VSU does to your per/roll price.

Yes you would order 2 of the 2 packs to get 4.

I'm not sure you are following me.
If you want 10 rolls you would have to order 5 packs of 2.
The point I was trying to make was that the price of the rolls never changes when ordering from Amazon and you get free shipping.
If you look closer at post #432, you will see the price difference broken down per roll and see what the shipping cost from VSU does to your per/roll price.

No, I totally follow what you said, but when looking at the Vacuum Sealer Unlimited brand bags, the 11"x50' rolls were 2 for $38.09, which is $19.04 per roll, not the $9.80 per roll you mentioned.

Lisa did you look at post #434 and see the price jump from $47.70 to $169.88 by just adding $49.95.
If that's what you are paying for shipping then you are being robbed. I would look into that. I ship packages everyday with UPS and sometimes Fedex and something with the shipping on your site is off.

Fedex Priority for the mock up in post #434 is $927.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky