I like dry rub ribs. Suggestions for a rub?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
so the '70's are gone whats wrong with Accent or MSG.??? 60% less sodium and great flavor enhancer

I've been using this since the Mrs. went on a low sodium diet:
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Paprika
1/4 cup "Salt substitute"
4 Tb Coarse Black Pepper
4 Tb Garlic Powder
4 Tb Onion Powder
1/2 Tb Cayenne

I'm planning to split a rack today and do one half with just Pepper.
I used to use S&P but now I have to be careful with the Salt....

Last edited:
no bad reports from FDA,,, salt substitutes have lots'a warning's

i do also,, even on preseason of meats. only claims i can remember were not ever proven

now geneticly modified[gmo] is different story

yes i do..always had spitting seeds for fun,. been that way since beginning of time. just like vaccine is dead or live virus not single chain dna manipulators, or mrna's... that is not a vaccine just called one to again manipulate

You like seeds in your watermelon and grapes?

i suppose ya want cherry's with no seed's?? whats next

how ya gonna grow next crop?? course milk comes from cow's not stores

You like seeds in your watermelon and grapes?
Eh, I don't consider seedless watermelon to be GMO. All the parts are watermelon, it was just manipulated to be sterile. All the genes are intact, there's just an extra set.

Anyhow, back to the rub question: I like Five Pepper Rib Rub from the Pepper Palace. Kinda $$ but very good on dry ribs if you want a touch of heat.

Last edited:
Reactions: denny
u must be young.. as the flesh of seeded n seedless is not the same. IMHO.. to each there own{used to be his own} and those little white things some dont call seeds. just dont grow

Sweet Money from Big Pappa Smokers is my go to for ribs these days. Love Jeffs orginal, but used it too much and needed a change.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky