Huckleberry glazed pork ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
Spiced rum and Huckleberry preserve finished these off. Not overly sweet but very nice.

Smoked these on the Primo with pecan chips. No binder but did use some of my pork rub #86. Very low, smoked at 200°f for nearly 5 hours. My little brother gifted us the preserves.

Today is our youngest son's 17th birthday and we served these up with potato salad and "better than sex" lava cake that Mrs philpom made.... we'll see.

20230903_194542.jpg

20230903_202612.jpg

20230903_200739.jpg

20230903_194537.jpg

20230903_191514.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• 20230903_193023.jpg
    20230903_193023.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 4
man those are some good looking ribs!
now we gotta see more of this cake of which you speak.

Jim
The cake was great, so rich and sweet I honestly couldn't eat it all. If you have a sweet tooth it's for you. Some sort of chocolate cake baked in steam (instant pot) and topped with ice cream and chocolate hard shell. A very special treat. Give it a try.

20230903_211132.jpg

That's what ours looked like. Ooie gooie goodness.

Wow, some amazing looking ribs and kudos for doing a really nice meal for your son's birthday....to you and your wife. That cake looks to die for. The perfect finish to the ribs I'm sure.

Robert

Reactions: philpom
Wow, some amazing looking ribs and kudos for doing a really nice meal for your son's birthday....to you and your wife. That cake looks to die for. The perfect finish to the ribs I'm sure.

Robert
Thanks Robert, had some of the ribs for lunch today too. I swear bbq is better the day after. Waiting on a brisket now. Trying to power through the stall. Might be a late dinner!

Reactions: OldSmoke
Huckleberries, what a great idea! How far in advance of my next birthday should I let you know?

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky