Howdy From Flower Mound, Tx

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KyleCowden

Original poster
Mar 14, 2018
Hi all,

I’ve been reading as a guest for a while. I needed to replace my tinfoil grill with cookie sheets covering the holes so I wouldn’t burn down my house.

I cook outside 90% of the time. I needed a stick burner that could handle the duty. Thanks to the sound reasoning here I settled on the OC Pecos as an interim until I can afford the one I really want.

Thank y’all.

Welcome aboard Kyle. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.

Chris

Welcome to the forum! Look on Craigs list for the surrounding areas and pick up an older and thicker smoker like a New Braunfels horizontal or vertical. The newer smokers from big box stores are quite thin and harder to manage the heat than the thicker metal ones of yesteryear. I have two of the New Braunfels smokers, one horizontal and one vertical. Both are great smokers!

Reactions: KyleCowden
Welcome to the forum! Look on Craigs list for the surrounding areas and pick up an older and thicker smoker like a New Braunfels horizontal or vertical.

Thank you all for the welcome and thank you radio. The reason I got this one is because it was thick enough to withstand fairly constant use until I can afford what I really want.

https://mgrills.com/

F439B36E-A59E-46E9-BCAD-4622A2DC9DF7.jpeg
Burnout under way. Over 350 now.

Reactions: Geebs
C8FBDFD8-A864-45C9-8EE5-4213067D105A.jpeg While it was hot...

I threw a couple of flanks on and started feeding it pecan. I ran it at about 250 at grate level for a couple of hours then stoked it to 325-350 for about 45 minutes.

I’m hooked. A perfect 1/8” smoke ring, even cook and juicy...the way meat is supposed to taste.

So far I added the grates from the old gril for coal racks in case I want to grill but this offset thing is Zen like.

Now, to tune or not to tune. Thank y’all for the warm welcome.

Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join the group!
And your right about the Zen thing.
Tending the fire, smelling the smoke, having a couple of beers, is just about as good as it gets!
Usually I'm not even hungry when the Q is ready.
I just like to watch everybody else enjoying the fruits of my labor!!
Al

Reactions: KyleCowden
texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky