How well do you know your smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petehalsted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Guess me and the MES 30 are really getting to know each other. I use it with an AMNPS.

Went to lunch in town, when we pulled back in I immediately knew something was up with the smoker, the TBS was not drifting up and out, but hanging low right on top of the smoker. Sure enough someone decided to make micro-popcorn while we were gone, and popped the circuit, smoker was off and cooled under 200, its amazing what a difference those few degrees make in how it drafts.

Everything back on now, no harm / no foul. Just wonder what electrician decided to put the kitchen counter plugs on the same circuit as the exterior plus in my MIL house :mad:

Microwave should be on it's own circuit . If it's just plugged into the counter outlets that's where your problem is. Common for exterior outlets to be tied in with kitchen or bathroom gfci . Glad you caught it in time .

Offsets don't plug into the wall so that's one less thing to worry about for me ;)

Drag that offset around in an RV with your and let me know what you think LOL.

Microwave should be on it's own circuit . If it's just plugged into the counter outlets that's where your problem is.

I think when MIL house was built microwave technology was just starting to be used by the military LOL

Drag that offset around in an RV with your and let me know what you think LOL.

I think when MIL house was built microwave technology was just starting to be used by the military LOL
I'd have to get the RV first but I get it. I'd buy an electric if I really wanted something portable. I would be totally sold on the MES 40" if I could convince myself and my wife of course that we needed it. I'd run that puppy under my carport in the shade. Then I would have neighbors on both sides of me that hated me lol.

George

Sometimes they put all GFCI rated outlets on one circuit. My house is like this. Luck for me, they are on a dedicated 20 MAP breaker.

I have 4 smokers, and only one is electric.
I only use the electric for sausage making, so it really doesn't draw much current, since sausage is made under 170 degrees.
Al

Guess me and the MES 30 are really getting to know each other. I use it with an AMNPS.

Went to lunch in town, when we pulled back in I immediately knew something was up with the smoker, the TBS was not drifting up and out, but hanging low right on top of the smoker. Sure enough someone decided to make micro-popcorn while we were gone, and popped the circuit, smoker was off and cooled under 200, its amazing what a difference those few degrees make in how it drafts.

Everything back on now, no harm / no foul. Just wonder what electrician decided to put the kitchen counter plugs on the same circuit as the exterior plus in my MIL house :mad:

You must have had the same "Electricians" that wired my Log House when we built it.
Did they call themselves "Mr Electric"??
If so, that was these Phonies!!!

Bear

I was always paranoid about tripping the breaker when using my MESs.Having a dedicated breaker just for the smoker definitely gives you piece of mind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky