How to check accuracy of my thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matt darsow

Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
Yucaipa, Ca
Hey guys, I know i seen this somewhere but cant seem to find it. I just got a Brinkman Vertical yesterday, want to check the accuracy of my thermometer thats in the door. Can someone remind me of how to do this? Please and thank you.

Matt , being the "Anal" one , I would and 'do' use two or three other thermometers to make sure my Therm is correct.

It's a PITA , but I use a glass candy Therm. , one of my ET732's and my Thermopen to make sure My temp.is right. I even used a Fever Therm. to check one time ( took water to 100*F and stuck the probe in).

If you keep a log , you can record the temps. for the day and keep track of your therms. better.

Have fun and . . .

Thanks, thats a great idea. I want to invest in a couple good probe setups. But seeing as though i just spent a good amount of money, those might have to wait a month or two. Lol. Did the boiling water test on the one that is built into door. Looks pretty close, good enough until i invest in something better. I actually took the one off of my little char broil and installed it at the level of my lower rack so i could know the temperature difference... i might be a little anal too. Hahaha. Ideal, id like to have 3 toatal [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky