How to be a good member of the family.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for what you do to keep the SMF civil!

Unfortunately, respect for everyone's opinions, even when they don't match yours, is a lost art with some.

Truth be told its all the Mods and Pineywoods that are really doing it. I only posted this after they brought it to my attention. We have a great group of folks that make this place run.

Truth be told its all the Mods and Pineywoods that are really doing it. I only posted this after they brought it to my attention. We have a great group of folks that make this place run.

It's definitely a group effort and I appreciate every one of the moderators, admins and the host of others who bring these type of things to the attention of those who can do something about it. I can't thank everyone enough!:emoji_thumbsup:

Thank you bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for what you do to keep the SMF civil!

Unfortunately, respect for everyone's opinions, even when they don't match yours, is a lost art with some.

Agreed. I was raised to respect everyone, and I mean everyone. But with opinions, sometimes comes ignorance and people have to be held accountable. If you spew BS, I will call it out.

Reactions: Will Squared
I've been around here for a pretty long time and I can count on one hand how many times I've seen people being dicks towards others. And that's saying something about the admin. and moderators.
Good job fella's, you are 100% correct that there is no room for that sort of crap on this forum.
I commend you on your decision Brian.

PS.
I'm the king of derailing threads but I honestly don't mean to do it, it has to be my ADD or ODC or is that some other upper case letters that I could possibly use as an excuse. LOL
Dan.

Glad to see you step in Brian! It seems there are always a few who have trouble conducting themselves appropriately. Let's hope that after they read your post their ability to remember what they should have been taught comes back and adjustments are made.

Matt

Sadly I have to make this post. We all need to know that we come to this place to talk about and learn more about what we love to do. But for some reason we have forgotten how to be decent to each other.

Kudos and a tip of the hat to you and the other mods that make this such a great place to be. I do notice that folks never seem to get crabby or aggressive with each other when the subjects are centered more around meat smoking and food, which is kind of the theme of this site. RAY

I am glad to have missed the "snarky" posts and glad that the moderators stepped in the keep this site as it has always been.
I was about to say the same. I must have missed the posts that warranted this thread. I spend a lot of time on several Facebook groups related to bbq and smoked meats; it ALWAYS makes me appreciate this site because the garbage that I read through on FB is quite frankly, unsettling.

Sadly I have to make this post. We all need to know that we come to this place to talk about and learn more about what we love to do. But for some reason we have forgotten how to be decent to each other.
Good going Brian

Many times i have wanted to boot someone off but decided to give them another chance.

I was about to say the same. I must have missed the posts that warranted this thread. I spend a lot of time on several Facebook groups related to bbq and smoked meats; it ALWAYS makes me appreciate this site because the garbage that I read through on FB is quite frankly, unsettling.
Thats why in my FB groups i delete any negativity or link posters. I too belong to other FB groups and some of the member are just plain ol @$$holes.

Hat's off to the leaders, moderators, etc , of this site. This is a great learning forum and place to get your questions answered and share your knowledge and experience on a variety of topics.

I was a member of another more "local" outdoors forum, that started having the same type of issues of not being able to be civil to one another. Well that site is no longer operational. There was a lot of great people that were willing to share their expertise as on this forum, but a few bad apples took that away.

I'm with uncle Eddie in the fact that I missed all those posts and I'm glad I did ! There is more than one way to skin a rabbit and I've learned a lot of new smoking ideas here.

This is the first time I've clicked on this. I don't know why.
I stopped coming here about a year ago because it seemed some newbies were rude (to each other and at least one to me).
I'm retired now and like this site as a nice place to spend a little time now and then. I've been known to get my foot in my mouth from time to time but rudeness isn't in my nature.
I posted plenty of "My First" posts when I started here and everyone was helpful, correcting me respectably when I goofed. That's how we learn.
I still make mistakes and get my foot caught. Please let me know :-)
Dan

I still make mistakes and get my foot caught. Please let me know :-)

Dan, I'm gonna jump in here and share my .02 and may well get some change back. From my perspective I have found everything I've read from you to be enjoyable, polite, and respectful. Like you, I don't typically get rude intentionally but this whole PC approach just doesn't fit into my lexicon. Being old school and raised in a military family turned construction, I have a tendency to tell it like it is and check the PC approach at the door. Although not intended to be rude or disrespectful, it is construed that way sometimes by people who require a more delicate approach. You keep posting sir, I'll keep reading, and we'll keep having fun!!

Now where's my change? :emoji_wink:
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky