How much smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reef, if it's the smoker I'm thinking of put your coals on the food grate(upper grate - better air flow) in your side fire-box and place a couple of chunks of wood across the top. Only light the coals near the air vents(furthest from the cook chamber). Have your vents fully open when starting and when your near temp throttle it down a little ever 15 minutes or so until desired temp is reached. Don't use a whole split - your smoker probably has to many air leaks. You may need a deflector plate to even out the hot spots(old cooking pan or sheet may fit). Also just because your not seeing any TBS doesn't mean you not adding any smoke flavor to your meat. One last thing, If it's anything like my old side fire box unit be prepared to baby sit it all day long. I put out some good food, but couldn't really leave it alone for any length of time.  

Chris

Thanks that sounds about right. I can't leave it for any more than an hour without something going on temp wise. And for the record I don't know what TBS is.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky