Horizontal/vertical WH smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice looking cook out. Isn't it good to have the smoke come out fast so it's more fresh smoke that way?

I suppose. I watched a video from Yoder and he was looking for blue smoke puffing out about like my pic but I suppose it depends on how hot you're running.

I found I always get blue or clear smoke if my fire is burning good. If it almost goes out it will get white. I'd only go with a bigger exuast if u have to keep ur fire really small. Pry make it easier tho if u had a bigger exuast so u could have bigger fire but you'll go through more wood

Spring has sprung, the grass has grew, time for outdoor cookin'.
Got some latches put on and a couple of thermometers put in the lid and smoked a butt a couple of days ago. It looked kind of lonely sitting in there all by itself. So today I hit the grocery store and grabbed a whole pork loin, a filet of salmon and two racks of baby backs.
IMG_0905.JPG

I might move the thermometers down lower and I still need one or two for the vertical chamber.

Reactions: motolife313
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky