Homade Carbonator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redbrinkman1955

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
mishawaka In.
I made some cream soda with the grandaughter and she didn't want to wake for it to carbonate.The home brew store wasn't open so I came up with this little project. see pics below
16f5a3ba_vbattach16603.jpg

c9e1567d_vbattach16604.jpg

35f4ca5c_vbattach16602.jpg

Nice job RB! And does it taste as good doing it that way as waiting on the finished product? As long as the grandaughter is happy that's all that matters.

I think it's better to cabonate the natural way, for cream soda it doesn't make to big of a difference.If you open a litre of beer and don't drink it all
you can use it to put co2 pressure and it will keep your beer fresh so there are a couples of benifits to it also if you just want to try out a bottle for a quick taste you can force carbonate it for a taste.
Good Luck and Good Brewing
Redbrinkman1955
icon_lol.gif

I don't know. I force carbonate 95% of my kegs and notice no difference whatsoever between them and kegs carbonated with DME. CO2 is CO2. If the pressure volume is correct then all is well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky