Help- Smoked duck sausage recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oklahomajoe

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Zachary, La
Looking to make a batch of duck sausage this weekend and looking for any recipes or ideas you fellas have.
Thanks,
Joe

Haven't tried it, but I think I have a recipe at home.

This is going to be a crazy and late day for me, why don't you shoot me a quick PM as a reminder to check on it for you.

You should think about shooting Joel (Solar yellow) a PM for he has turned into a sausage machine here lately.

I know this is an old post but wanted to add to it. I make goose sausage every year, I mix it 50/50 with pork shoulder, and sometimes add 2lbs of pure pork fat, to equal 30lbs. It turns out great!

Bear, the problem with adding fat to jerky is that fat will go rancid, IMO jerky should be made with very lean meat and kept that way. If you keep it frozen or refrigerated it should be fine, but if you are in the sticks for a week and need to have food stay good keep the fat out of your jerkey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky