Hellow from So Cal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
Hi all, I came here to learn more about smoking and hopefully add a few things that I have learned over the years.

I am in my mid 40’s and have gotten pretty good with a BBQ. I cook all kinds of meats.

I have a Nice Stainless Steel Propane BBQ, A Charbroil Big Easy Oil less Turkey Fryer, and just purchased a Masterbuilt Pro Propane two door vertical smoker with a wood/charcoal pan. I bought it at HD but good luck finding anything about it online.

I will spend a lot of time looking around before I post just so I don’t be the 1000[sup]th[/sup] person to ask the same dumb ask question.  

welcome1.gif
  Glad to have you aboard!

Ask away, the only dumb question is one not asked.

Welcome aboard!

Actually, sometimes we can save you a lot of search time as many of us keep favorite thread links stored.

Good luck and good smoking.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking  5-Day e-Course

Thank all of you for your welcomes.

I would like to add that last week I was working in Santa Maria, CA and was recommended that I go up a few miles to a little town of Nipomo to enjoy a steak dinner at a place called Jockos. It was the best rib eye I have ever eaten. They cook it on a large grill over Red Oak Which I hear is the only way to get a true Santa Maria style steak.

While I was there I bought some Red Oak cubes so now I have to decide if it’s best to use it in my smoker or burn it in my old Weber and just grill some meat.

BTW here is a pic of the smoker.

e8442899_smoker.jpg

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF. You'll really like this place for there are a bunch of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. Then if you have any questions you just post them here or yu can try in chat for a faster answer. If you are really new to all of this I would recommend that you look up and take the e-course. It is free and it will also give you the basics on smoking. So with all that said now go and get something to smoke.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky