Hello

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by dwyzane, Aug 19, 2008.

1. dwyzane

dwyzane Newbie

Hello everyone. I've been browsing the forum and reading some great stuff here. I've learned quite a bit, but I'm very new to smoking. I've tried one or two recipes, and enjoyed them a lot. I'm still having problems building a good fire though. I do have a quick question though:

I got a little over ancy after my last pork butt, and cooked two this weekend. Way to much left over, brought some for myslef and a fellow coworker, but I threw some in ziploc bags for freezing. Is this okay? And how should I go about reheating if so?

2. i usually freeze in portion size and just throw the ziploc in some boiling water.make sure ya got the heavy duty kind and squeeze all the air out before freezing.Oh , and welcome to smf !!

3. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum.

I just microwave on low after defrosting. I haven't tried boiling in zip locks, but I would think if you got some water boiled and turned off the burner, and tossed them in that would work also.

4. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Greetings Dwyzane,
    Freeze in ziplocks with some juice from the butts, then re-heat in boiling water...easy as that! and yummy!

5. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Like the rest, I try to keep pulled pork on hand at all times. Freezes well and comes in handy for a quick smoked meal.

6. kratzx4

kratzx4 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF

7. dennisdocb

dennisdocb Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF...I vac-seal and freeze..then the boiling water...Zip lock will work did that before the I got the vac-seal

8. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome bud lot's of good info here

9. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What the Lady said.

10. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF.

11. brooklynboy

brooklynboy Fire Starter

Welcome aboard. In my limited experience (4 butts) I've done the microwave and zip lock bag in hot water. Both have worked for me.

12. div

div Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to the SMF

Pace yourself, stretch the bowels and eat it all !