Hello from Hillbilly Country

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solojosh99

Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Hello! As you can tell, I'm a noob. At least to this site. I have been smoking for almost a year now, and it is good to be able to ask others for advice. I still have the small Webster Charcoal Smoker that my brother bought me for my birthday at Walmart, but with a few modifications I have mastered my fire in it and can turn out some tasty meat. I just wanted to say Hello to everyone.

Josh, welcome to the SMF!! Check out the 5 day ecourse!! its free and packed full of good info!!There are lots of friendly folks here!! all ranges of experience that like to share!!!

Guess I shoulda included more info about me. I have lived in East Liverpool OH (right where Pensylvania, Ohio, and WV all come together) for almost 2 years now. I am originaly from Norther Michigan though. I am an Air Force Recruiter and a proud supporter of our Troops. Cooking is a passion of mine, and Grilling and Smoking are two of my biggest loves. I have progressed above novice smoker, but I still have much to learn.

On a side note, I have a bunch of family coming in this weekend and I am planning on smoking my first brisket, along with some ribs, chicken, and my first fatties. I will let ya all know how it turns out.

Hi Josh, welcome to the SMF! We all have to start somewhere, and this ain't a bad place to start. Lots of info and people willing to share. Don't forget about the q view. When you said hillbilly country I thought you were talking about my neck of the woods....Oh is yankee country to me!

Howdy Josh...welcome to the site...I mean THEE SITE! Great place to be ....great people with tons of knowledge. Have fun...

Welcome to the forum Josh!
smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky