Hello from Cape Cod, MA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oldguy68

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
Cape Cod, MA
Hello everyone,
I'm from Cape Cod, MA.
What got me into smoking meat is how much I like bbq ribs.
Been cooking with fire for about four years.
I use a Weber 22" kettle, Summit and Smokey Mountain as well as a Pit Barrel cooker.
I mostly cook with lump charcoal, but do keep a few bags of Kingsford Blue or B&B BBQ briquettes around for certain cooks.
I enjoy smoking ribs, meatloaf, Boston butt or a ham for friends/company. Haven't done too many briskets.
Smoked some shucked corn this past weekend with a chunk of maple wood that tasted so good.
I enjoy everything from starting the fire, smelling the different types of smoke and watching my temps while listening to music and relaxing while they are doing their thing..
I have an offset smoker on order that should be here by the end of the year.
Happy smokin' everyone!
Pete.

Last edited:
Welcome from Vermont fellow New Englander. I hope Lee isn't reeking to much havoc on you guys.

Chris

Reactions: Oldguy68
Welcome from Vermont fellow New Englander. I hope Lee isn't reeking to much havoc on you guys.

Chris
Hi Chris,
We got lucky and just had some wind gust. We lost power on and off last night. But only for a few minutes at a time.
I'm waiting for it to slow down to put a rack of baby backs on my kettle.
Cheers.

another Mass person on the site, not too many of us here. Not on the Cape right now but I do go to Brewster every summer. Welcome to the site, it is a wealth of information!

Reactions: Oldguy68
another Mass person on the site, not too many of us here. Not on the Cape right now but I do go to Brewster every summer. Welcome to the site, it is a wealth of information!
Hi Masssmoke,
Nice to see another Masshole here.:emoji_grin:
I used to live in Belchertown when I was a youngster in the early to late 70's. Then my family moved to the Cape.
Wish I would have known about Patriot Pits. I would have ordered one of theirs instead of the Workhorse I have coming. I like supporting our MA businesses when I can. Looks like they build an awesome pit!

Happy smokin'

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky