Heads up Costco selling Kirkland branded Kingsford Pro Comp now.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
Been waiting for my Costco to restock Kingsford Pro Comp briquettes and was surprised to find a palet of Kirkland branded bags.
Same twin pack of jumbo bags at under $20 for the pair, my favorite for high heat grilling.
They usualy have the Kingsford ProComp twin packs in March, I'll keep an eye out for that too.

I think the Kingsford bags were 18 lbs each. These are 20 lbs.

IMG_7927.jpeg

Come to think of it, they were heavier..

Decent charcoal under 50 cents/pound is hard to find any more.
I'll be looking at my Costco for sure!

I read somewhere that Kirkland branded items were made by the more well known brand names.
Fingers crossed there's Kingsford pro/comp in my bags!
That's my favorite briquette, very hot burning and I can get a second fire out of used briquettes.

I have been using the kingsford comp (from Costco), but my usage has dropped since the cross fire has been in hiding, but that’s going to change this summer. I will have to look at the Kirkland as the comp/pro have rodent to the top of coals in my book!

I have been using the kingsford comp (from Costco), but my usage has dropped since the cross fire has been in hiding, but that’s going to change this summer. I will have to look at the Kirkland as the comp/pro have rodent to the top of coals in my book!
I have only seen the original blue bag in my Costco, will keep an eye out. I also have not seen the Kirkland brand which I am sure is made by one of the big names likely just Kingsford blue bag rebranded.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Having purchased Kirtland bourbon for a while, I can assure you they can change suppliers at will although the packaging then has pretty obvious changes as well. So if you confirm this is the stuff you like you may want to stock up.
That said their pellets have been very consistent the entire 3 years I've been buying them

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky