Happy Birthday Ryan!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I just found out it's Ryan's ( Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ) birthday. It's only fair to take a second and wish him the best on his special day...so...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

A bit late in the day but better than never,
Robert

Happy Birthday. Hope you gets some cool toys...JJ

I just found out it's Ryan's ( Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ) birthday. It's only fair to take a second and wish him the best on his special day...so...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

A bit late in the day but better than never,
Robert
Thank you Robert!

Ryan

One thing I got is part of being a member of this site and all the wonderful people here. Should have mentioned the very heartfelt message I received from tx smoker tx smoker it meant alot. I will apologize cuz this might get a little lengthy but it's worth it to me. My mom has been suffering for many years with multiple health issues, been going to the mayo clinic for almost 20 years with heart problems...had a heart valve replacement many years ago. Congestive heart failure, fibromyalgia, connective tissue disorder, both shoulders and knees are shot but not healthy enough to withstand surgery. My wife has been taking care of her for the last three years, at least during the week. Dad does in the evenings and weekends when he's not working, he's 83 and still works full time. So tonight dad called and said we need to come up, mom wasn't doing well...only 1 1/2 miles but seemed like forever. I prayed Lord, not today. Dad was about to call an ambulance cuz mom couldn't catch her breath, but after turning her oxygen up and some time on her nebulizer she improved. Mom also has some dementia , some good days, some not so good. So after all of this while laying in bed beside her holding her hand she opened her eyes and said happy birthday to me. That was the best gift I could receive. If I'm a tenth as tough as she is I would consider myself lucky.
So yes, it's been a happy birthday!

Ryan

One thing I got is part of being a member of this site and all the wonderful people here. Should have mentioned the very heartfelt message I received from tx smoker tx smoker it meant alot. I will apologize cuz this might get a little lengthy but it's worth it to me. My mom has been suffering for many years with multiple health issues, been going to the mayo clinic for almost 20 years with heart problems...had a heart valve replacement many years ago. Congestive heart failure, fibromyalgia, connective tissue disorder, both shoulders and knees are shot but not healthy enough to withstand surgery. My wife has been taking care of her for the last three years, at least during the week. Dad does in the evenings and weekends when he's not working, he's 83 and still works full time. So tonight dad called and said we need to come up, mom wasn't doing well...only 1 1/2 miles but seemed like forever. I prayed Lord, not today. Dad was about to call an ambulance cuz mom couldn't catch her breath, but after turning her oxygen up and some time on her nebulizer she improved. Mom also has some dementia , some good days, some not so good. So after all of this while laying in bed beside her holding her hand she opened her eyes and said happy birthday to me. That was the best gift I could receive. If I'm a tenth as tough as she is I would consider myself lucky.

Ryan

That sir is a great birthday gift.

Happy birthday by the way.

That sir is a great birthday gift.

Happy birthday by the way.
Thank you! And it was a great gift. Kinda had a tough time typing it with watery eyes, but did fail to mention the home health care nurse was gonna come and check on mom tonight also. They are such wonderful people. Mom was a R N all her life then worked for home health care and finally was director for hospice before she retired. But because of it she's also not the best patient!

Thanks again
Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: pc farmer
That was a Terrific Birthday Gift. Best wishes for your Mom's health to improve...JJ

Thank you! And it was a great gift. Kinda had a tough time typing it with watery eyes, but did fail to mention the home health care nurse was gonna come and check on mom tonight also. They are such wonderful people. Mom was a R N all her life then worked for home health care and finally was director for hospice before she retired. But because of it she's also not the best patient!

Thanks again
Ryan

She makes sure they are doing the right things. HA HA

Her dr. Has also made a couple house calls recently...how often does that happen anymore. Several years ago when she wasn't quite as bad she used to argue with her dr...she would say "fine, you can admit me to hospital but you're gonna let me out to go see my granddaughter play ball".

Ryan

The only thing I can add is my my daily prayer.
"Thy will be done"
Thank you, it's appreciated! A few weeks ago we were visiting mom while she was in the hospital, and her pastor stopped by to visit and as we were talking he had some issues going on with his family and mom was giving him advice...he mentioned he had stopped by to minister to her not vice versa. I said to him "how long have you known her?" All meant in good spirits but that's the way she is...all others are put before her.

Ryan

Ryan

Happy Birthday Ryan, On my birthday in 2018. My mother passed. It's hard to go through regardless. But it really impacted me harder because of it. I'm happy you did not have that to deal with that.

Happy Birthday Ryan. That is the best gift you can ask for.
Thank you! And it was

Happy Birthday Ryan, On my birthday in 2018. My mother passed. It's hard to go through regardless. But it really impacted me harder because of it. I'm happy you did not have that to deal with that.
Thank you! I am too, it sucks that you had to. We know her time is limited so each day matters

Happy Birthday Ryan!
Thank you!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky