Ham what am

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hungryjohn

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
North Georgia mountains
It's because of a ham that I bought my GOSM. A friend of my brother-in-law smoked a ham for him, and when he served it to us, my wife exclaimed, "This is the best thing I ever ate." Brother in law pulled out a catalog showing GOSM and said, "This is what he cooked it in; you ought to get one." And I did.

That was about 18 months ago, and since then I've smoked a ham about once a month. Gwaltney Ready To Cook Ham has become a ham of choice; always good.

This is my latest effort:

Slathered with mustard and rubbed with turbinado, cloves and paprika; ready for the applewood smoke:

Sprayed with pineapple juice every 30 minutes; then glazed with honey, more mustard and some of the pineapple juice at the end, it's done and ready to slice:

Sliced, ready to eat:

If you haven't smoked a ham, try one.

That's a great looking ham!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Very nice looking ham. Is a ready to cook ham not smoked? Is it simply brined and packaged?

I'm sure it is smoked, but not enough that you'd notice. I've never really looked that close at the label; just that it says to cook to 148.

Sorry to be so long responding to your question. My wife had surgery (very minor, out patient, but we were at the hospital for 8 hours) and I was away from the computer.

John

Now you've done it, a ham is now on my list. Thanks for sharing my friend.

That's what I'm talkin about! I had to check out this thread cause I have a 9 pounder I just picked up at the store. I have never done a ham and came in here to see if there were any recipes. I think I'm goin to do it tomorrow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky