Greetings from the potato state!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chargersfan

Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Boise, Idaho
Hey all,

My name is Phillip and I live in beautiful Boise, Idaho.

I am an IT guy by day - and a griller enthusiast by night!

I just recently purchase a new Green Mountain Grill - Daniel Boone WiFi enabled smoker, which has started me off on my journey of smoking bliss...

I love cooking, and I have loved grilling on my old propane grill in the past, but it was time to put propane grilling to bed and move on to greener pastures with a smoker. So far, I have grilled hotdogs, fresh butcher-ground hamburgers, veggies and take-and-bake pizzas. I feel like I have gotten the hang of my smoker and now want to try smoking something. I think I am going to start with a smoked ham for Easter Sunday - and then want to branch out to a turkey, ribs and a brisket. I always welcome any advice people have to offer - as it can only make me a better home-BBQ Jedi master!

Take care and I hope you all happy grilling!

Cheers!

-Phillip

Last edited:
Hey Philip new to this smoking thing myself, Born and raised in Kellogg, Idaho, Lived there for 41 years before just recently moving to Missoula, MT We are huge Boise State Football fans! I'm thinking of smoking a ham myself this Easter on my new Oklahoma Joe. Let me know how yours turns out.

HUGE Boise State fan myself!

I found a recipe for an Angry Orchard and apple glazed smoked ham that looks intriguing!

I will let you know what I go with for the ham and how it turns out!

Hey Phillip, welcome to you.

You wanna try something great?

Go up in the right upper corner, you will see a 

magnifying glass looking thing, it's the search button

punch it.

Then type in Bear steps, go down the list find double

smoked ham.

Follow the steps, pretty tough to go wrong.

I'd put in a link to it but I don't know how yet,

I'm working on it though. 

Keep on smokin'                               Ed

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Hey Brett!

I am working on getting an Idaho Smokers group created! I think there are enough BBQers in Idaho to get a pretty good group!

And that is AWESOME that you like both BSU and the Chargers!!

Hey Brett!

I am working on getting an Idaho Smokers group created! I think there are enough BBQers in Idaho to get a pretty good group!

And that is AWESOME that you like both BSU and the Chargers!!

Sounds great! I hope there are enough people around the area to make it work. I wish we could have enough people to get a semi-regular comp. back in the area as well.

Been following both the Chargers and BSU since I was a kid.

Welcome Phillip from the Southeast side of the Gem State. Glad ya joined us, great folks on here that are always willing to help out ! I too have a GMG DB, have had it for a little over two years now & really enjoy it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky