Greetings from north of the border

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fbo13

Original poster
May 20, 2014
The boonies of Quebec, Canada
Greetings from eastern Canada.

In a town that lives on seafood and salmon, I seem the be the strange one that wont eat it.  I live for beef, and pork and if I can smoke it, then great.

I'm currently on a Masterbuilt electric smoker and learning the basics on it.  I've been smoking meat in this machine for the last 5 years with results getting better each time.  The people I feed it to seem to think it's great, but I know that there's always room for improvement and that there are way better than me in the game.

The meat selection in this town, for lack of a better term sucks.  I had to show the butchers around here what a brisket was.  Nobody here ever cooks with it and St Louis cut ribs are next to unknown.  

I may be looking into building a smoker in the not too distant future.  I've started looking for materials and hopefully it won't break the bank, so don't be surprised if you see me looking for a little advice on this front.  You all seem pretty knowledgeable and I look forward to learning from you all.

Hello FBO, and welcome, sounds frustrating, Lots of advice and builds when you get ready, just holler.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky