Greetings from Centre County, PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WolfMcCallister

Original poster
Mar 13, 2024
Hi all,

Introducing myself here- I just bought an Old Country G2 and am brand new to offset smoking. I love the meticulous nature of fire management, I think I'm going to love style of smoking. I've been smoking for years on a small cabinet smoker. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Where do you guys get your wood?

Thanks!

Greetings and welcome aboard.
Don't use it any more, but I got from CraigsList when I did.
Beware, not all are honest. They will tell you it's a cord, when it's only 2/3 or 3/4.

Hi all,

Introducing myself here- I just bought an Old Country G2 and am brand new to offset smoking. I love the meticulous nature of fire management, I think I'm going to love style of smoking. I've been smoking for years on a small cabinet smoker. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Where do you guys get your wood?

Thanks!
welcome from union county!!

Welcome from pa, when I used my offset I got my wood from my property, downed limbs to pruning. Do you know any tree cutters they're usually a good source, any orchards around you if you ask sometimes they're happy to get rid of wood. Not positive but if you have state game lands around you I think (but double check) you can take trees that have fallen.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky