GOSM low heat question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey cascadedad, the temp outside has been around 50 to 60 here the last week. I still need to use the valve? Maybe when it gets to 20, I can just use the main valve.
icon_sad.gif
Terry

Put an oven thermometer in last night and found a 20 degree differnce, so my lowest setting is about 220 degrees.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I did not see it:

I have a GOSM 3405bgw. I wanted to try smoking cheese. Read and talked to people you needed a low temp. I tried something last night that may just work when it gets a bit colder.

Start GOSM as normal. Then, slowly turn burner control clockwise from High to almost off. Play with this and you will find between 1/4 and 1/2 way in between, you will be able to maintain a very low flame. With a coffee can right on top of the burner, I was able to maintain around 110-120F. Still a bit to hgh as my cheese was getting a bit unstable. It is about 20 degrees cooler now, so I will be trying again in a few niights. Might just make it then....

Right now I am trying an electric hot plate in the bottom with chips in foil right on top of it. Temps are only hitting around 70, and smoke is flowing good.

I am a newbie, but thought I would share.

Thanks,

Ted

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky