Glazed Sticky Buns with Pecans (Pic Heavy and Que View!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I'm late to the party Zach but I remembered the invite from early this morning when I saw it.

Thanks for "sticking" with me on this...

Tell ya what, I'll stick with you if you'll agree with my sentiments that you just can't do anything half baked. I know...kinda cheap but I had to toss it but there. As always, a simply amazing post, beautiful fod, and a spectacular presentation. Congrats on a much deserved ride my friend!! Like I mentioned once recently, you don't get time to post a lot but what you do post is always breathtaking!! I love stocky buns but just can't fathom the cost at most places. I can see why they are expensive but I'm not willing to pay for them. I'd make the trip to Pflugerville for a couple though :emoji_wink:

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Nice job. Congrats on the ride

How did the dough turn out?
I was scanning the ingredients and noticed a couple major tilts on conversion.
2-1/2 tsp is ~ 9 g of yeast. The little tri-packs of yeast contain 7g each
3 cups of flour is 360 g

Well I'm late to the party Zach but I remembered the invite from early this morning when I saw it.

Tell ya what, I'll stick with you if you'll agree with my sentiments that you just can't do anything half baked. I know...kinda cheap but I had to toss it but there. As always, a simply amazing post, beautiful fod, and a spectacular presentation. Congrats on a much deserved ride my friend!! Like I mentioned once recently, you don't get time to post a lot but what you do post is always breathtaking!! I love stocky buns but just can't fathom the cost at most places. I can see why they are expensive but I'm not willing to pay for them. I'd make the trip to Pflugerville for a couple though :emoji_wink:

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Thanks Robert! Your pun works :emoji_grin: and glad you caught the nod there :emoji_joy:. Appreciate the kind words. Wife and I have been having a lot of self made fun during these times. She is fully supportive of me trying new cooks haha. Gives me more time to practice documenting things and playing with pictures.

What's more of a pain is I just started some croissant dough for a secret project cook I'm scheming :emoji_zipper_mouth:

Nice job. Congrats on the ride

How did the dough turn out?
I was scanning the ingredients and noticed a couple major tilts on conversion.
2-1/2 tsp is ~ 9 g of yeast. The little tri-packs of yeast contain 7g each
3 cups of flour is 360 g

Good catch! That was a typing error on my part. It is teaspoon. I just have a jar of yeast I've been using that is still working somehow after coming from the depths of my freezer haha.

As for the flour I had read 130/cup. I just figured it was a slightly packed cup(s) as it was pre written recipe. I actually had to add a tbsp of flour at end to pull the last little bit together. I don't have anything to compare to sadly as this was a first in a long time. But I thought the end product was very light and airy and very soft. I'm all for input if it can be better cause these were already good!

Those look perfect! I bake Japanese milk bread which uses a tangzhong and it really does make a difference.

Thank you! It was my first time with the Tangzhong so I can't say what difference it makes, but they were delicious so I will be doing it again for sure! Pretty quick and easy to make it so it's fine by me.

WOW !!!!! I've got the recipe now !!!!!!

1 evil.jpg

Well Zach, I finally got the chance to make these yesterday, and we had them for last night. They were delicious, but...........due to the fact that I was totally distracted while baking, they weren't as good as could have been. By distracted, I mean I was all alone in the house--except for my 2 year old grandson. Sigh. At 2 years of age, you have to have eyes in the back of your head in order to keep him out of things he shouldn't be in. So whilst I was keeping and eye on him and running after him, I screwed up the recipe in, well lets just say, more than one way. I added and extra egg, doubled the amt of butter in the glaze, and worst of all, failed to realize that I wasn't using a stand mixer. That last little item means that I forgot to manually kneed the dough. I also managed to spill some of the glaze all over the stove and burned my fingers taking the melted butter out of the microwave. Got to clean the stove and the nuke.
Tasty, but definitely not up to par. :emoji_sleepy::emoji_sleepy::emoji_sleepy::emoji_sleepy:

BTW, for anybody interested, the link below thoroughly explains TANGZHONG:

www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2018/03/26/introduction-to-tangzhong

I'll let you know how the next batch turns out.
Gary

Well Zach, I finally got the chance to make these yesterday, and we had them for last night. They were delicious, but...........due to the fact that I was totally distracted while baking, they weren't as good as could have been. By distracted, I mean I was all alone in the house--except for my 2 year old grandson. Sigh. At 2 years of age, you have to have eyes in the back of your head in order to keep him out of things he shouldn't be in. So whilst I was keeping and eye on him and running after him, I screwed up the recipe in, well lets just say, more than one way. I added and extra egg, doubled the amt of butter in the glaze, and worst of all, failed to realize that I wasn't using a stand mixer. That last little item means that I forgot to manually kneed the dough. I also managed to spill some of the glaze all over the stove and burned my fingers taking the melted butter out of the microwave. Got to clean the stove and the nuke.
Tasty, but definitely not up to par. :emoji_sleepy::emoji_sleepy::emoji_sleepy::emoji_sleepy:

BTW, for anybody interested, the link below thoroughly explains TANGZHONG:

www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2018/03/26/introduction-to-tangzhong

I'll let you know how the next batch turns out.
Gary

My wife would say that is how 90% of my cooks go, so I feel ya! I'm all over the place. and that's with just dogs and cats distracting me haha. The recipes and pics look straight forward but there is always an adventure in cooking. Sorry about the hand! Were they super soft then as a no knead? Thanks for the link too! good info!

My wife would say that is how 90% of my cooks go, so I feel ya! I'm all over the place. and that's with just dogs and cats distracting me haha. The recipes and pics look straight forward but there is always an adventure in cooking. Sorry about the hand! Were they super soft then as a no knead? Thanks for the link too! good info!

Yeah, I had a cat and a dog in the mix too.
And no, they were pretty tough.
Oh well, next time......
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky