Fun Facts About Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
Bread-Facts-copy.jpg

Interesting fun facts....On the issue of Sliced Bread...My Mom tells how much she "Hated" that she had to eat Grandma's Homemade Bread, when other kids at school got Wonder Bread!
jaw-dropping.gif
 What? "Are you NUT'S!"....Go figure...JJ

I wonder if the twist tie colors are universal. Like in, if Monday is red, is it red on all brands?

Monday =Blue

Tuesday =Green

Bread isn't delivered on Wed.

Thursday = Red

Friday = White

Saturday = Yellow

Monday =Blue

Tuesday =Green

Bread isn't delivered on Wed.

Thursday = Red

Friday = White

Saturday = Yellow
This doesn't count with Bunny Bread!!

I think the colors are for what month it was made..

Really..I'm serious..

Craig

Last edited:
There are certainly some exceptions to this practice so we can't recommend relying on it exclusively to determine freshness. Some bakeries will use their own color-coding systems or only one color altogether, and always remember that the date on the tag is the date the bread needs to be sold by, not the date it was baked on.

Now we just want to know why bread isn't baked on Wednesdays.

Do you know of any other food packaging color-codes?

[h2] [/h2]

Breadmen have had Wednesday and Sunday off all the time I was growing up. I can remember even the Helms bread truck that delivered to neighborhoods here in CA did not run on those days.  

Man I really miss those guys - small vans would pull up and they would have bread, cookies, pastries and sometimes cakes and cupcakes.  If you wanted them to stop you put their sign in your front window and they would stop in front of your house and sound a "Helms whistle" to let you know they were there

Here is the inside of the truck

helms_truck_back2.jpg

And here is the outside 

0908cct_07_z+petersen_automotive_museum+helms_bakery_truck.jpg

The way I remember..........each color starts in alphabetical order........and corresponds with days of the week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky